Topic: Http

I'm new to this software. I have created & saved in a html but how do i make a web page or web link for me to send the html to others so they can see and is there a way that i can create a weblink or web page with a user name and password so it protected.

Re: Http

In order for others to see your gallery, you will need to upload the gallery folder to some web space using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
If you do not already have some web space, do a web search for 'web hosts'.  There are many available, a lot of which offer free accounts (which might be enough to get you started) and premium accounts (which may offer greater web space, more features and support).
For example, if you decide to go for a web host named webhost.com, they may give you a subdomain named yourname.webhost.com. If you then upload your gallery folder (named 'galleryfolder') to the root of your web space, then the URL of your gallery (that you should give out to others for them to type into their browser's address bar in order to see your gallery) would be:
http://yourname.webhost.com/galleryfolder/index.html
With regard to password protecting a gallery, this would be achieved on your web server through your web host.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the quick reply. So if i have to do that then whats the real purpose of me having this simple viewer account can you brief me whats the advantage bcos my intention was for helping my parents to look their grandson pics  in 1 link click as they are not very good in computers please can you give me a solution.

SimpleViewer is a software package to allow users to create customizable image galleries.
It is not a web hosting solution which provides web space for people to host web sites.

A SimpleViewer gallery comprises web pages and a gallery can be viewed by opening the gallery's HTML index page in a browser.
In order for the gallery to be publicly viewable, you need to upload the gallery to a web server. (If the gallery files are only on your computer, only you can access them.)

As I suggested, there are many web hosts available which offer free web space which would be suitable to host a SimpleViewer gallery (or other web pages).
Whichever web host you choose, you would need to upload the gallery files to your web space, either though your web host's control panel or by using a free file transfer program such as FileZilla.

Purchasing SimpleViewer Pro will lift the 50-image limit, remove the SimpleViewer badge/link from the bottom right-hand corner of the gallery and allow you access to the many Pro Options available in order to customize a gallery with greater flexibility than the Standard (free) version.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.