Topic: simpleviewer pro and mac...

once my site is published, (works fine on pc but) i've noticed that the simpleviewer doesn't work on mac.
i'm sure i'm missing something.
any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
best regards.

this is what i have:

<script type="text/javascript" src="./swfobject.js"></script>

<div id="SimpleViewer"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
   var flashvars = {};
   var params = {};
   flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
   flashvars.preloaderColor = "0xFFFFFF";
   params.wmode = "transparent";
   params.allowScriptAccess = "always";
   swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "SimpleViewer", "430px", "444px", "8", false, flashvars, params);

Last edited by [rz] (2011-05-29 17:10:19)

Re: simpleviewer pro and mac...

Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed in the browser you use on your Mac.
Your embedding code checks for Flash Player v8 (or later) but SimpleViewer v2.0.3 (which it looks like you may be using judging by the embedding code and the fact that you have posted in the SimpleViewer-Pro v2 forum) requires v9.0.124.
Visit this page in your browser to check which version (if any) you have:

Also, when using swfobject, try defining the height and width without the 'px' suffixes in the 'swfobject.embedSWF' line.

swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "SimpleViewer", "430", "444", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);

You coluld also try upgrading to SimpleViewer v2.1.3 and using the recommended embedding code found here.

For details on upgrading, please see here.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please explain further as to what you see (or don't see) when you say it does not work (eg. do you see a blank space, an error message, crosses where images should be?) and post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.
The FAQs here may describe a scenario similar to what you are experiencing and may offer further help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: simpleviewer pro and mac...

thanks for your answer.
i just see a blank screen.
i have the last licensed version pro 2.1.3, i'll take a look on the links you provided.
i will contact you again in the case i won't be able to figure out how to solve this.
thank you again and regards.

Last edited by [rz] (2011-05-29 19:43:42)