Topic: Select All (Delete or Caption) Not Working in svManager 1.7.8

Today I finally got around to updating my installation of svManager, which I primarily use with a copy of SimpleViewer-Pro 1.7, and now autocaption and selecting all photos to either caption or delete no longer work. I tried to make this work in the built-in SimpleViewer 2.1.3 and the problem persisted.

Please help, my client used this feature frequently and wants it back.

We'd downgrade to a previous version of svManager but he prefers to use Chrome as his browser.

Re: Select All (Delete or Caption) Not Working in svManager 1.7.8

I've tried to reproduce this problem on Chrome for Mac and Chrome for Win Vista but I'm not seeing anything strange. So maybe I'm not understanding the problem. Can you please give me a little more detail on what is (or isn't) happening and the operating system and browser you are using.

The checkboxes in the images screen use javascript – could something be blocking the javascript?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The problem persists in Safari and Firefox, and is not limited to Chrome. I checked the javascript settings of my browsers, and even with it on the problem with select all isn't working.

Might it be a setting I have turned on? I disable the pro button since my client is not using a pro version of simpleviewer.

If you'd like to email me via the forum with a url, user and password for your svManager then I'll take a look for you.

jack

Jack Hardie

You seem to have had a problem with installing your upgrade. I can see the problem that you reported in the images screen. There are also problems in the customize screen – it looks a lot different from how it should look.

I think some files from the old version have not been updated to 1.7.8. Also it looks like some files may be missing altogether.

1. Back everything up

2. Unzip svManager 1.7.8 version from your download

3. Upload all the svManager 1.7.8 files again overwriting your old installation and make sure all the files upload correctly

Or you could do it this way

1. Back everything up

2. Delete the svManager installation on the server

3. Upload version 1.7.8

4. Check that it's working correctly

5. Upload your existing galleries from your backup

6. Import them into svManager

I disable the pro button...

I think you have done that correctly in the custom css – it shouldn't be a problem

Whatever you do, backup everything first!

jack

Jack Hardie