Topic: Exclude images

I use the wordpress plugin and use post galleries for my simpleviewer. In this gallery i have also the featured image but i don't want to show this featured image in my simpleviewer gallery. I also can add some post images in my post gallery but i don't want to show them in the viewer also.

Is it possible to exlude certain images?

Thanks for the answer.

Re: Exclude images

See the 'To Edit Images' section of 'Editing a Gallery' here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … ewer/#edit

You could also directly edit the relevant XML file in the 'wp-content/uploads/' folder (removing any unwanted images by deleting the corresponding <image> entires).
Each XML file is named after the gallery's id which can be found in the [simpleviewer] tag in the post.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I was hoping that this could be done through the wordpress interface but apparantly this is not (yet) the case. Is it a planned feature for the future?

Another question;
What happens when i add an image to the gallery. Does it complete the XML again? In other words, if i manually delete an unwanted image and i add another image to the gallery, will the formerly deleted image appear again in the XML/Gallery?

Thanks again for the answer.

You can delete images from a WP-SimpleViewer-generated gallery through the interface.
As described on this page: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … ewer/#edit

For WordPress Media Library galleries, first edit the post. Then click the 'Add an Image' button. Click 'Gallery' tab to view and delete images. Click 'From Computer' to add new images.

Once you are on the 'Gallery' tab, click 'Show' next to the image you want to delete and then click 'Delete'.

What happens when i add an image to the gallery. Does it complete the XML again?

The XML file is updated when you click 'Update' to update the post containing the gallery.

In other words, if i manually delete an unwanted image and i add another image to the gallery, will the formerly deleted image appear again in the XML/Gallery?

If you manually delete an entry from the XML file and add a new image, then the deleted entry from the XML file will be reinstated.
Images should be deleted from the Media Library (as described above) if you want to remove then from a gallery and plan to edit the gallery in the future.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.