Topic: Request for new feature...or am I missing something

One of the site template programs I use puts all it's images in a folder called "images" so I'd really like to be able to change the name of the folder into which pro puts it's images from "images" to something else....eg album_images

Apart from editing the gallery.xml file after the slideshow has been published, is there any way to set the image and thumb folder paths ?

This becomes even more necessary when you look at ways of putting more than 1 album on a site

I'm hoping this is something obvious that I've missed amidst the hundreds of configuration options available !

Re: Request for new feature...or am I missing something

When creating a new gallery, svBuilder-Pro will always use the folder names 'images' and 'thumbs' to store the images and thumbnails respectively.  This cannot currently be changed.
As you have discovered, you can change the names of these folders (and the corresponding entries in the XML file) and svBuilder-Pro will still be able to edit the gallery in the future (though any new images that you add to the gallery whilst editing will still go into a folder named 'images').
You could perhaps give your gallery folder a unique name and upload the entire gallery folder as a self-contained entity.
This would avoid the gallery's 'images' folder clashing with any other 'images' folders you may have (as their paths will differ).

Please post feature requests in this thread so that they are not overlooked. Thanks.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven

I solved it in the end by putting the entire  album in its' own folder, then showing that in an iFrame. I will post my request into the correct section.

Great product. Took me 5 minutes to make an album from scratch and no need to look at the Help

rgds
kt

Good to hear!
Thanks for the feedback and feature request.

Steven Speirs

Took me 5 minutes to make an album from scratch and no need to look at the Help

smile

Felix Turner