Topic: Starting in the middle of my Image set

I would like to start somewhere in the middle of my image set. That way they are balanced out on each side. I have Autoviewer pro. If there is a variable instance I can use to choose which slide I start on, that would be great. I found one other post about this but it was never answered.

THANKS!

Re: Starting in the middle of my Image set

To have AutoViewer Pro display the middle image first, you will need to edit the 'StageManager.as' source file and then publish a new SWF file using Adobe Flash: http://simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/pro/support/#repub
On line 231 of the 'StageManager.as' file, change:

index=0;

... to:

index=(Math.round(mImageCount/2))-1;
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you! Only problem I have now is that the first half of the slides never get played. How do I have it start in the middle then when it gets to the end, go all the way back to the beginning?

Try this:
Change line 231 of 'StageManager.as' back to:

index=0;

Now change line 163 of 'StageManager.as' from:

showImage();

... to:

showImage((Math.round(mImageCount/2))-1);
Steven Speirs

Hm, Same issue as before. It still just goes back to the middle picture. I tried a few other things and still can't seem to get it to start in the middle then run through all the images after that. Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help on this!

Did you change line 231 back to 'index=0;' before changing line 163?
Also, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery to see the changes.

I tested my most recent suggestion myself and it seems to work well.
Line 163 is the initial call to display an image in the gallery.
Changing this line to 'showImage((Math.round(mImageCount/2))-1);' initially displays an image near the middle of the gallery.
The next image displayed after the last image (if clicking 'Next' or if the slideshow is automated) is image #1 (not the middle image).

Try making the modification (line 163 only) with a fresh copy of 'StageManager.as' to ensure that no other modifications have been made.
Also, make sure you clear your browser's cache in order to be sure that your browser uses the newly published SWF file.

Steven Speirs

Hi

I got the same issue that CandaceCarr had, but I have older version of autoviewer pro and I can`t find the "index=0;" and "showImage" lines in my StageManager.as

Could You please tell me where I can change these values ?

Thanks in advance

I have older version of autoviewer pro

As an AutoViewer-Pro user (and since AutoViewer is currently on the same major version number as the initial release), you are eligible for an upgrade to the latest version.
You can use the download link from your purchase email to download the current version.
If your link has expired or you cannot find your purchase email, please fill in this form to receive a new download link: http://simpleviewer.net/support/admin/upgrade.html
Once you have the latest version, the instructions above will be valid.

Steven Speirs