Topic: SV Manager Spitting out tons of PHP Errors

I just installed the new version of SV Manager and when I go to http://localhost/svmanager/svmanager.php I get this:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmanager.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmanager.php:68) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmanager.php on line 14

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmanager.php:68) (auth.php, line 34)
Notice: Undefined index: svmdefaultpass

If I click on Create Gallery, I get:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmcustomize.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmcustomize.php:71) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmcustomize.php on line 14

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/svmanager/svmcustomize.php:71) (auth.php, line 34)

They look like basic PHP header errors. Anyone know an easy way to fix it? Is there a patch? Is this a known issue?

Re: SV Manager Spitting out tons of PHP Errors

SvManager supports both PHP4 and PHP5 so we have to use some PHP4 code which is deprecated in PHP5. This is not usually a problem with production servers since the recommended setup does not usually report the E_STRICT level.

I see that you are running XAMPP so I guess this is your development server.

There are two ways around it:

1. Set the error_reporting directive in the php.ini file to any value that does not include E_STRICT (see http://uk.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.c … reporting)

or

2. If you never intend to run svManager on php4 then you can make a simple change to the code. Search all the svManager files for & new (including the space between & and new). You should find around 8 occurrences. Delete the ampersand in every case, for example:

$errorHandler = new ErrorHandler();

It is likely that support for php4 will be removed in a future version of svManager (php4 users reading this – now is your chance to scream) so the problem will then go away.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: SV Manager Spitting out tons of PHP Errors

jack wrote:

SvManager supports both PHP4 and PHP5 so we have to use some PHP4 code which is deprecated in PHP5. This is not usually a problem with production servers since the recommended setup does not usually report the E_STRICT level.

I see that you are running XAMPP so I guess this is your development server.

There are two ways around it:

1. Set the error_reporting directive in the php.ini file to any value that does not include E_STRICT (see http://uk.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.c … reporting)

or

2. If you never intend to run svManager on php4 then you can make a simple change to the code. Search all the svManager files for & new (including the space between & and new). You should find around 8 occurrences. Delete the ampersand in every case, for example:

$errorHandler = new ErrorHandler();

It is likely that support for php4 will be removed in a future version of svManager (php4 users reading this – now is your chance to scream) so the problem will then go away.

jack

Thanks I'll give that a shot. Yes, that is my dev server. I like to keep the error reporting on really strict levels.

Thanks again for your quick reply.