Topic: Adding options...(oh, I am a js newbie)

Felix wrote:

SV-Pro allows you to place the captions below the main image. Set the 'captionPosition' option to 'BOTTOM'.

The caption position can be locked or it can move to align with the currently selected image. Use the 'lockBottomStack' option for this.

Move the thumbs under the image by setting the 'thumbPosition' option to 'BOTTOM'.

Hey, I saw this under another post and want to make sure that I am adding these options correctly:

simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '960px', '500px', 'transparent', true);
        'captionPosition':    'bottom';
        'lockBottomStack':    true;

is this how I would add any of the options? or do I need another document.ready(function)?

very confused

Re: Adding options...(oh, I am a js newbie)

is this how I would add any of the options?

No. Leave the embedding code looking something like this:

simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "960", "500", "transparent", true);

The options should be entered as attributes in the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag in the gallery's XML file. See the top-right of this page for details.
Essentially, open the gallery's XML file in a plain text editor and use the following code:

Better still, you could create your gallery with svBuilder-Pro which has an interface allowing you to change all Pro Options, has a live preview showing you how your gallery looks as you change these options and it also sets all the options in the XML file for you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.