Topic: Special letters (ÅÄÖ) how to use in (gallery.xml)?

I just bought your nice program Simpleviewer pro.
How do I use the swedish letters åäö in the gallery.xml file?
Hope its possible some how to manage this, I really need to use that letters in both <caption> and title"åäö"
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hope I can get a fast answear , since i am short of time here.... :oops:

Re: Special letters (ÅÄÖ) how to use in (gallery.xml)?

Try embedding your font in the simpkeviewer.fla text boxes. I copied and pasted your åäö into the " include special characters " diaglogue box in the embed box . It shows on publishing.
hth
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I am still a noob with flash. But i guess what you say is that I need to use flash 8 to edit the .fla file. Thanks for the tips, i will try there. If anyone else have time to explain it more in detail pls write ...
/Peace

First make a copy of simpleviewer and stash it.Then  open simpleviewer.fla. >on the preloader frame ( or in the library f11) you will see 2 text boxes, click on those till you see the property toolbox open showing the text properties, select your font and click "embed", then insert your characters in the special char. box If they are in your font already, no need to use the special char thing. Select anti alias for reading, Don't change the other properties. Then publish .

on edit  flash 8 or flash 7.02

post back if you have any problems

</peace>  smile

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I love you  big_smile. Works great!
You saved my day and many hours searchin in all menus.
<If you dont ask you never will get an answear>
:!:
</If you dont ask you never will get an answear>

lol   someone loves me!!!

Glad it helped!

Richard

Thanks!

I have a similar problem, trying to use Polish characters (óęćą) in captions.
For the page (real html) I can define charset=iso-8859-2, but for the captions I apparently need to go through Flash.
It would be extremely useful to have the flash file adapted for different character sets, as many people are not able to do this themselves (and no need to all reinvent the wheel over and over again).
The explanation so far was a bit too short for me.
Any help would be much appreciated!  smile

@NickA

Please see this FAQ for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_4
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Solved, thank you so much!
And sorry for having browsed through the FAQ too quickly in advance... oops.