Topic: How to get gallery online

I just uploaded SV & tried it out - very nice. I have not figured out how to actually get it working on the web site - it works locally when previewed in browser. I do not understand the embed options. I would like to buy the Pro version but need to get this working for my applications first.

Last edited by jasonroberts (2011-06-07 23:16:25)

Re: How to get gallery online

You could create a gallery in svBuilder-Pro, upload the entire gallery folder to your web server and open the gallery's 'index.html' page in a browser to view the gallery.
If you would like to embed the gallery in an existing HTML page alongside other content, then please follow the instructions here: … html#embed
Alternatively, you could keep the gallery folder as a complete package and use either of these two methods to embed the gallery in a web page: … l#external

As an example, if you have on your web server an HTML page alongside your gallery folder in the same directory and you wish to include your gallery in the HTML page, then you could do so by using the following line of code in your HTML page:

<iframe src="mygalleryfolder/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

... replacing 'mygalleryfolder' with the name of your own gallery folder.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am making some progress - but not yet there. The website URL is:  (a temp URL to host the site while being developed for the client, a custom home builder. (only the Home PG & Ïdeas Gallery [PG6] are developed)

1. I uploaded all the files to the web server using Filezilla (gallery shows up at as gallery only on blank white pg. I want the gallery to appear on Page6 (Ideas Gallery - URL: - the page is there, but no gallery

2. I copied the source for pg 6 & opened in textedit (Mac) - I copied the embed code after publishing the SV & pasted under the line with page6 - replaced the page6 on the server with the new edited page6 - reloaded page6 - this did nothing. Although I uploaded the edited pg to the server - when I checked the view source, it seems to have not taken the edit - I repeated the process - still not changed. I am very perplexed.

I am probably just not getting the embed code in the right place - here is what my edited source code looks like (I think I am very close, but now need some very specific direction to get this working in the right place. Please advise. Thank you):

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "">

<!-- Created on a Mac with ShutterBug 2.5 by XtraLean Software. -->

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

<title>Custom Homes | Custom Home Builder in San Antonio, Boerne, Fair Oaks, and the Texas Hill Country</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="theme11.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="shutterbug.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

var appVersion = navigator.appVersion;

if ((appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") != -1) &&

(appVersion.indexOf("Macintosh") == -1)) {

document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="iefix11p6.css">');

var prevPageLink = "page5.html";

var nextPageLink = "page7.html";

var prevPageInGroupLink = "#";

var nextPageInGroupLink = "#";

var shouldAdjustFooter = 0;

fc.addfs("cp", 16, 13, "div.content p");

fc.addfs("ch1", 24, 20, "div.content h1");

fc.addfs("ch2", 17, 14, "div.content h2");

fc.addfs("ch4", 16, 13, "div.content h4");

fc.addfs("mh", 32, 28, "");

fc.addfs("amh", 32, 28, "");

fc.addfs("ac", 14, 12, "a.current");

fc.addfs("an", 14, 12, "a.nav");

fc.addfs("asc", 14, 12, "a.subcurrent");

fc.addfs("asn", 14, 12, "a.subnav");

// -->

<body id="sbpage" bgcolor="#610029">

<div id="page" style="width:950px; position:relative; margin:0 auto;">

<div id="xtra8" style="top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 1000px; height: 181px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div id="xtra14" style="top: 181px; left: 0px; width: 1000px; height: 906px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div id="contentbox" style="top: 456px; left: 50px; width: 900px; height: 621px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div id="mastheadbox" style="top: 10px; left: 0px; width: 900px; height: 36px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div id="navigation" style="top: 184px; left: 50px; width: 894px; height: 14px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div id="xtra5" style="top: 180px; left: 48px; width: 900px; height: 22px;">&nbsp;</div>

<a id="ac" class="current" href="#" style="top:0px; left:-9999px;">&nbsp;</a>

<a id="an" class="nav" href="#" style="top:0px; left:-9999px;">&nbsp;</a>

<a id="asc" class="subcurrent" href="#" style="top:0px; left:-9999px;">&nbsp;</a>

<a id="asn" class="subnav" href="#" style="top:0px; left:-9999px;">&nbsp;</a>

<a class="nav" href="page1.html" style="top: 184px; left: 84px; width: 34px; height: 14px;">Home</a>

<a class="nav" href="page2.html" style="top: 184px; left: 136px; width: 53px; height: 14px;">About Us</a>

<a class="nav" href="page3.html" style="top: 184px; left: 207px; width: 95px; height: 14px;">Featured Homes</a>

<a class="nav" href="page4.html" style="top: 184px; left: 320px; width: 81px; height: 14px;">Available Lots</a>

<a class="nav" href="page5.html" style="top: 184px; left: 419px; width: 97px; height: 14px;">Building Process</a>

<a class="current" href="page6.html" style="top: 184px; left: 534px; width: 75px; height: 14px;">Ideas Gallery</a>

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

simpleviewer.ready(function () {

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true);

<div id="sv-container"></div>

<a class="nav" href="page7.html" style="top: 184px; left: 627px; width: 109px; height: 14px;">Links & Resources</a>

<a class="nav" href="page8.html" style="top: 184px; left: 754px; width: 73px; height: 14px;">Testimonials</a>

<a class="nav" href="page9.html" style="top: 184px; left: 845px; width: 64px; height: 14px;">Contact Us</a>

<div class="content">

<div id="xtra7" style="top: 1087px; left: 0px; width: 1000px; height: 47px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div id="xtra12" style="top: 1147px; left: 197px; width: 600px; height: 143px;">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="content"><h4 id="ch4" style="top: 1147px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;"><b>Trinity Custom Builders, Inc.</b></h4><h4 style="top: 1163px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;">28255 IH-10 West, Suite 101 &#149;&#160; Boerne, Texas 78006</h4><h4 style="top: 1179px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;"><b>(830) 981-8224</b></h4><h4 style="top: 1211px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;"><a href="" target="_blank"><b>Web site design &amp; development: Jason Roberts &amp; Associates, Inc.</b></a></h4><h4 style="top: 1227px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;">All content in this web site copyright &copy; 2011Trinity Custom Builders, Inc. All rights reserved.</h4><h4 style="top: 1243px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;">Unauthorized copying or usage of any image from this site is a violation of copyright law.</h4><h4 style="top: 1259px; left: 197px; width: 600px; text-align: center;"><a href="javascript:clickLink('fkaexafgafjafrafmadjafhafpadpafhaexafqafmaflafpafmaeyafcafpafrafqacwaeyafgafxa')">Please contact webmaster to report errors or incorrect function.</a></h4></div>

<div id="xtra13" style="top: 248px; left: 100px; width: 800px; height: 800px;"><div class="xtrahtml" style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;"><!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.--><script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">simpleviewer.ready(function () {simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true);});</script><div id="sv-container"></div><!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED --></div></div>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

// -->

Since you are embedding your gallery in a page that is not in the gallery folder, you need to follow these instructions: … l#external

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the quick response. First of all, I have figured out the solution - the functional slide show URL is:

(just the demo version for now but will be updated over the next few days)

I am totally jazzed about the elegance of the SV web gallery - as soon as I finish posting this response I'm going to buy the pro version.

I am using Shutterbug - a very simple wysiwyg program that's great for a photographer/designer myself who knows zip about html. The program has an option to link to an external html page - so I just put the URL into the field & uploaded the site to the server - it now works perfectly. (NOTE: Shutterbug has some nice, easy to use slide-show options; however. I realized that I needed a more sophisticated & elegant presentation for my clients - which was why I wanted to use Simple Viewer).

Now that this is working, I am really excited about employing SV to this & other sites to take them to the "next level."

Jason Roberts