Topic: loadMovie into another Flash file & multiple galleries q

My first question is if it is possible to use the "loadMovie" to load the viewer.swf into another flash file.  I know that you say, in your documentation:

3.2 Embedding SimpleViewer in a Flash Movie

Check the example file here: documentationexamplesFlash Embedexample_embed.fla

Note you can use the _global.AVStageWidth and _global.AVStageHeight values to hard-code a fixed width and height for SimpleViewer to use.

But I can't find these files.  I just upgraded and downloaded the SimpleViewer-Pro.  However, the only files I have in my "Flash Embed" folder are:
gallery1 (folder)
gallery1.xml
gallery2 (folder)
gallery2.xml
multiple_galleries.fla
mutliple_galleries.swf
viewer.swf.

My second question is probably a dumb question.... But, I'm going to have several galleries in my page, but also other pages.  And I want the buttons to function so that my galleries don't automatically load.  But as the person clicks on it, for it to load.  But I don't want the opening page as the gallery.  I have a separate home page.  I am using the loadMovie function.  But, if I were able to utilize the multiple gallery option and incorporate it with all my other pages... then my life would become about 100 times easier.  hehehehe

You guys are unbelievable, by the way.  Felix... you are a saint for creating this.  SimpleViewer-Pro is phenomenal!!!!!!

Robin

Re: loadMovie into another Flash file & multiple galleries q

Hi,
What files can't you find?

Note you can use the _global.AVStageWidth and _global.AVStageHeight values to hard-code a fixed width and height for SimpleViewer to use.

those are lines of code that get placed in your base. swf.

Yes, it is possible to load several viewer.swf from a base.swf ( a container.swf) Look for posts here about multiple galleries in flash.

You can have any number of items load into a holder_mc, they can be galleries or other flash movie clips or swf's . ( and others )

Your page does not have to open with a gallery , it can open with anything.

The docs and the example cover this. If you are new to flash, use the example fla and copy/paste the code to add more galleries.

do  a search here and ck the docs and post back if you still have questions.
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

hi!  My files didn't come with the example fla.  I was looking for it.

Hi Robin,

This is the example   fla -

multiple_galleries.fla    smile

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

what is the "example fla" called?  if it is called "example.fla", i don't have it.  i just re-downloaded the package, just in case my last download was funny.

There is no example.fla

The file that is an example to follow is

multiple_galleries.fla

Richard

Thanks!