Topic: Add text below the title ?

Hello,

Is there a way directly in SimpleViewer to add a text below the title (with a different font than the one used in the title) ?

I can create a table with the title, and below the text, then in another cell add the embedded code for SV but this is not practical.

Thanks and regards,
Patrick

Last edited by patslayer (2011-06-10 10:45:28)

Re: Add text below the title ?

You can use HTML formatting in the title (escaping the necessary characters) to create a multi-line Title with different fonts on each line, eg:

title="<font face="Times">Line 1</font><br><font face="Georgia">Line 2</font>"

See here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_2

If using svBuilder-Pro to create your gallery, you can enter the following into the Title field and svBuilder-Pro will escape the necessary characters automatically:

<font face="Times">Line 1</font><br><font face="Georgia">Line 2</font>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hello,

Excellent, thanks !

Regards,
Patrick

Hello again,

It seems there is a bug with SVPro 2.1.3

When I enter this for example : <font face="Times">Line 1</font><br><font face="Georgia">Line 2</font>

It's ok in SV and in the web page.

Then if I save, exit and come back to the Standard section of the customize, the title has changed to :
&lt;font face=&quot;Times&quot;>Line 1&lt;/font>&lt;br>&lt;font face=&quot;Georgia&quot;>Line 2&lt;/font>

Which is also displayed in the web page...

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick

The problem seems to be due to svBuilder_Pro escaping the necessary characters when saving a gallery but not unescaping them when opening a gallery.
On first saving a gallery, a < is escaped as &lt;
Then, when you open the gallery &lt; shows in the Title field and, when saving, the & is escaped to give &amp;lt;
Thank you for reporting this. I have logged a bug report.

Two possible workarounds:
(1) When editing a gallery in svBuilder-Pro, do not click on the Title field to give it focus as the Title will change only when focus is lost. As long as you do not click on the Title field, the Title should remain OK.
(2) Copy and paste the original Title into the Title field when editing a gallery in svBuilder-Pro (though this should not be necessary if you do not click on the Title field)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.