Topic: Mobile return button sticks

In mobile view on an iphone the thumbnail return button sticks. If you zoom and hit the button just right it will return to the page of thumbs. I am pretty sure this is a conflict with my menu system because if I take off the menu all works fine. If I use iframe it works fine but then I loose the ability to stretch the image and scroll vertically. Could you please take a look and see if you can help. I have many sites experiencing the same problem.
http://carolekhawthorne.com/albums/Locations/

Re: Mobile return button sticks

I notice that your menu's sub-menus are being displayed behind your gallery in the Flash Player (and are, therefore, not visible).
Changing your gallery's background to be transparent should fix this issue.
See this FAQ for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#embed_5
Check to see if it also makes a difference with the Thumbnail Button in the Mobile Player.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mobile version of menu still "sticks". I made the background transparent in the xml file and in the embed code.

You could ensure that the gallery is in front of all other elements on the page by changing:

<div id="sv-container"></div>

... to:

<div id="sv-container" style="z-index: 9999;"></div>

If this works, then it may interfere with your menu but at least it might indicate that the menu (or something else on your page) is the cause of the problem.

Steven Speirs

Setting the z index doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately. Could it be a javascript conflict? The menus and the copyright date use javascript. Thanks for your help!

Could it possibly be just the actual size of the button that it making it difficult to 'press' accurately?
You say that it works without your menu. Your menu takes up a not insubstantial width of the screen and without the menu, the gallery and, in particular, the Thumbnail Button would be larger.
You also say that if you zoom and hit the Thumbnail Button just right, it also works.
These both suggest that if the button were larger, then it would work for you most (if not all) of the time.
If there were a JavaScript conflict, I would expect the button to consistently (rather than intermittently) not work.
The fact that increasing the 'z-index' did not work suggests that there is nothing on top of the gallery (eg. an invisible part of your menu) that would prevent the Thumbnail Button from working.
In fact, I have just viewed your 'Flowers' gallery on my iPod Touch and, on my first attempt, have managed to hit the Thumbnail Button 10 times out of 10 (after selecting 10 separate images individually) with no fails and without zooming.

Steven Speirs

Thanks so much for looking into this. It just happens that the Flowers gallery has an iframe I was experimenting with. Simpleviewer works just as it should here but you cannot zoom or scroll the image because it is in the iframe.

I have just viewed your 'Locations' gallery (which uses the standard embedding code rather than an <iframe>) on my iPod Touch and, once again, selected 10 different images at random.
After viewing each image, I successfully returned to the thumbnail page via the Thumbnail Button by 'pressing' the button only once.
This worked first time every time for returning to the thumbnail page from all 10 images with no need to zoom or 'press' the button more than once.

Steven Speirs

On the iphone. Due to what I think is a menumachine javascript conflct, I found this solution to the back button sticking and not returning from a full image to the thumbs. I am using an iframe. With the iframe  this solved the conflict problem, however I lost the zoom capibility on the iphone screen. By making the iframe height size one pixel smaller than the simpleviewer window height i have regained the use of the zoom on the iphone and all seems OK. I had to go through this even though Steven did not see this problem on his Touch. My client and I both experienced the sticky back button prior to the fix above. This may be wacky but it seems to work.

I'm glad you have solved your issue.
Thank you for posting back with your solution.

Steven Speirs