Topic: display issue when embedded ( ajax )

I don't manage to display my simpleviewer in my site.

while the gallery properly works alone on its html page, when i embed the code in my site the gallery doesn't appear in the div ( displayed by ajax code )

here is the links where the gallery works on its html page :

embedded in my site ( in the menu go to section media/photo ) :

what do i have to change in my codes ?

thank you very much for your help !

Re: display issue when embedded ( ajax )

Your embedding code uses swfobject to embed the SWF file ('simpleviewer.swf') into an HTML element with id="flashContent".

swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);

However, there is no such HTML element on your page.
Place the following code in your page where you would like the gallery to be displayed.

<div id="flashContent"></div>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,
This is the closest post to my issue as I use SWFtools in Drupal 6. I have followed the instructions here: … tml#drupal but still my newly created page only displays the code not the gallery I created in svBuilder. I admit confusion over: /drupal_folder_path_from_root/ and if this is a specified folder path requiring a trailing slash instead of a leading slash and also that this differs from the embedding code the svBuilder generates, I have tried both without success.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide an example of the path if I was to tell you my Drupal insallation is directly in public_html i.e. sites, themes, modules & includes folders etc are in public_html. Have tried numerous locations and paths with the iframe command including sites/default/files as SWFobjects default media files location is set & protected at this location.
If there is an alternative using the svBuilder generated code in a Drupal created page, further examples would also be useful or at least clarification of whether to abandon this approach when using Drupal would be greatly appreciaited.

Kind Regards

A.J. McIntosh

The 'src' of the <iframe> should point to the 'index.html' page of your gallery.
The leading slash in the sample 'src' signifies that the path starts at the root level.
You can, however, use an absolute URL so if your gallery folder is named 'gallery' and your gallery's HTML index page is named 'index.html' and you upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to 'public_html' (the root of your web server), then the <iframe> code would be:

<iframe src="" width="600" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

... changing '' in the above with the name of your own domain.

my newly created page only displays the code not the gallery

If you are seeing the code on the page, make sure that, when entering the embedding code into the body of the article, the 'Text format' (drop-down menu beneath the 'Body' text area) is 'Full HTML'.

As as anternative to the <iframe> method, you can use the embedding code generated by svBuilder but you will have to add a baseURL to point to your gallery folder: … l#external
The equivalent to the above <iframe> code would be:

<script type="text/javascript" src=""></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "600", "400", "222222", true, flashvars);
<div id="sv-container"></div>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.