Topic: Problems within LR

Hi,
I am a registered user of Windows 7 Ultimate and Lightroom 3.4.1.
Yesterday I bought Autoviewer Pro. The ONLY difference I can see, is that my galleries are now without the "Autoviewer-logo." Not what I expected for my $45!
I am sorry to say, that the instruction-notes in the received package do NOT work!
Or am I wrong? What VISIBLE differences are there compared to the free version of Autoviewer?
Or: do I need an expensive piece of software like Flash to get the full benefits of Autoviewer Pro?
I hope you can take away my dissapointment here!

Re: Problems within LR

I am sorry to say, that the instruction-notes in the received package do NOT work!

Please let me know what instructions you are referring to and I will try to help further.

What VISIBLE differences are there compared to the free version of Autoviewer?

In swapping over the Standard SWF file for the Pro SWF file provided in the AutoViewer Pro download package, the only visible difference is that the AutoViewer badge/link is no longer visible in the bottom right-hand corner of the gallery.
AutoViewer Pro gives you access to the Pro Options which are not available to AutoViewer Standard users. If you were to publish and use your own customized Pro SWF file (incorporating some of the Pro Options), then you may see many other visible differences (depending on the Pro Options used).

Or: do I need an expensive piece of software like Flash to get the full benefits of Autoviewer Pro?

As noted on AutoViewer Pro's main page:

Requirements

Customizing AutoViewer-Pro requires Adobe Flash 8 (or later) authoring software. A free, fully functioning 30-day trial of Flash can be downloaded here. AutoViewer-Pro is written in ActionScript 2. To just remove the download link from AutoViewer, it is not necessary to use Flash. View instructions.

You can use the free trial of Flash to create several different SWF files, each with different Pro Options for future use.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

First of all simply overwriting the "viewer.swf"-file is not relevant, as the package comes with a file called "autoviewer.swf." One has to rename this file, otherwise the screen remains black. Less experienced users than myself could go wrong permanently here. Funny thing: over the years names changed. When you download the free autoviewer package these days, it contains this "autoviewer.swf"-file, where in earlier days  the "viewer.swf"-file did the thing. In LR-installation the latter name is used. The LR-adjustment part in the instructions could be more accurate on this.

Furthermore I am a bit disappointed to see you need quite a lot of know-how, to take advantage of all the benefits of the Pro-version. For 30 days the problem is solved (if you know how to handle Macromedia Flash), but after that? However, I know now I can change the options using Flash. It must be the "source"-folder I have to use. I am not sure if I will be able to succeed in this.

When you download the free autoviewer package these days, it contains this "autoviewer.swf"-file, where in earlier days  the "viewer.swf"-file did the thing. In LR-installation the latter name is used. The LR-adjustment part in the instructions could be more accurate on this.

Thank you for pointing this out. It is true that the Pro SWF file must be renamed to 'viewer.swf' before being placed in the 'autoviewer.lrwebengine' folder.

However, I know now I can change the options using Flash. It must be the "source"-folder I have to use. I am not sure if I will be able to succeed in this.

Instructions for 'Customizing ActionScript Options' for AutoViewer Pro can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/pro/ … #asoptions

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.