Topic: Invalid Gallery Folder & Flickr User not found

1) I'm attempting to upgrade my galleries from v1.9 to v2.0.3. I've followed the instructions online and it did not work. I've opened svBuilder (doesn't say Pro, even though I purchased the Pro version), selected my gallery folder and I get an error:

"Invaild Gallery Folder
Gallery XML file not found in the selected Gallery Folder. Check the selected gallery folder path is correct."

The gallery XML file is there. Why won't this work? Do I need to upgrade to the newest version?

2) Since the above didn't work for me, I then attempted to create a gallery using Flickr. I entered my Flickr User Name and that didn't work. I entered my Flickr User Id and that didn't work. Can I get a solution please?!?!

Re: Invalid Gallery Folder & Flickr User not found

I've opened svBuilder (doesn't say Pro, even though I purchased the Pro version)

The latest version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.1.3) displays 'svBuilder-Pro' (rather than 'svBuilder') on the splash-screen, the title bar and in the drop-down menus at the top so it sounds like you are running svBuilder.
svBuilder-Pro can be installed alongside svBuilder on the same computer but you must specifically install svBuilder-Pro using the file 'svBuilder-Pro.air' from inside the SimpleViewer Pro download package.
See here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … o/#install

I get an error:

"Invaild Gallery Folder
Gallery XML file not found in the selected Gallery Folder. Check the selected gallery folder path is correct."

The gallery's XML file must be called 'gallery.xml' and located in the root of the gallery folder which you are opening in svBuilder/svBuilder-Pro. If you have renamed or moved the XML file, then the error you have described will be displayed.

Do I need to upgrade to the newest version?

It would be wise to do so as bugs from previous versions have been fixed.
Upgrades are free within the same major version number so you can download the latest version using the link in your purchase email.

I entered my Flickr User Name and that didn't work. I entered my Flickr User Id and that didn't work.

Make sure your images are public and not private.
If you have recently tagged your Flickr images and are using the flickrTags option, then try temporarily removing the flickrTags setting to see if it works as tags can take some time to propagate through Flickr's system to appear in API searches.
If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post a URL to your Flickr Photostream and I'll take a further look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

-My Simpleviewer pro download only included svBuilder.air and not svBuilder-Pro.air

-The gallery.xml file is called gallery.xml

-I was able to use my Flickr Id number for my User Id. My photos are public.

My Simpleviewer pro download only included svBuilder.air and not svBuilder-Pro.air

Upgrades are free within the same major version number so if you have purchased SimpleViewer Pro v2.x, you can download the latest version (v2.1.3) by using the link in your purchase email.
Try downloading the latest version of SimpleViewer Pro using the link in your purchase email and install the latest version of svBuilder-Pro following these instructions: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … o/#install

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.