Topic: Do svmanager can work with suphp?

Hi,

Since we have enable suphp on our server, the java uploader is no more working.

Here is the error we have :

==================================================================

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26
Using JRE version 1.6.0_26-b03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Jonathan
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
load: class javaatwork.myuploader.UploadApplet.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javaatwork.myuploader.UploadApplet.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javaatwork.myuploader.UploadApplet.class

==================================================================

We have check the permission
We test it with the svmtest (same results)
I have reinstall Java on my browser
I have deactivate mod_security

I don't know what to do now, is there somebody that could help me!

Thanks

Re: Do svmanager can work with suphp?

Is there anything in the server transaction logs at the time the error occurs?

You could try changing the relative urls in the applet parameters to the http form of url. Edit the file svmanager/classes/uploadpage.php and find the following lines:

<param name="uploadURL" value="../myupload.php?path={$absImagePath}"/>
<param name="successURL" value="../svmupload.php?uploaded=true"/>

Change it to something like:

<param name="uploadURL" value="http://yourserverurl/svmanager/myupload.php?path={$absImagePath}"/>
<param name="successURL" value="http://yourserverurl/svmanager/svmupload.php?uploaded=true"/>

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for your answer. I tried what you suggest but I get the same error. I also checked the logs and I sa nothing in particular.

I had previously enable suphp on the server and I can back for this reason because we love svmanager. We had no choice to re-enable suphp because of continuous attack on the server and now I'm at the same point as before...

Is there a way to upload images a different way but still into svmanager not by ftp?

Or, is there someone running the java uploader with suphp enale on the server? Is there some rules we can create to allow this applet?

Thanks again!

Also, I do not understand why, but my server administrator told me this was related to coding or else it may be due to some missing module or plugin that we need to install in the browser or server because when we visit the svmtest from http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html everything is working fine!!

All the tests from svmtest are ok... is there something else we have to install on the server...

Thanks again for your help!

I contacted the guy who wrote the java applet. He is not aware of any previous problems with suPHP. All he was able to say was that the server cannot read the .jar files.

I think you already checked the obvious reasons why a file can't be found – no read permissions, missing files etc.

I guess you already tried different browsers?

If you do a 'View source' in your browser on the upload page, you'll see the code that svManager generated. You could copy the code within the <applet> tag and publish it here so we can look for anything strange in the paths.

I don't know how anyonymouse works but I think it's basically a proxy server. I don't know why that should make a difference.

As a temporary workaround, you can upload images with ftp and then 'Rebuild' the gallery in svManager.

jack

Jack Hardie

Thank you for your answer.

yes, permissions are ok, all files are there...

My server admin keeps telling me it is not related to suPHP and they tell me to contact the script developer.

We own 3 dedicated servers, the svmtest is working perfectly on the others but not on the one I need it...

My system admins told me I have the exact same config on the servers. I don't know what to do now... Is there a way to have someone from simpleviewer to have a look and fix the problem. We will pay, because we would like to continu using svmanager...

Thanks again for your help!

Can you show me the code inside the applet tag from a browser View Source? If you don't want to publish it here, you could email me via the forum.

jack

Jack Hardie

The problem is solve... I had request at the beginning to disable mod_security and I think it has never been done correctly by our host admins.

The only problem was mod_security needs to be disable to run the image uploader.

You should have mod_security into your svmtest, I think this can save a lot of time.

Thanks again for taking time to help, it's very appreciated!!