Topic: Purchased simpleviewer-pro.zip download, but will not open on Mac

Hello, I just purchased the simpleviewer-pro upgrade and was able to download the simpleviewer-pro.zip file.  However, when I try to open it on my Mac it trys to launch Archive Utility.app, but 0.5 seconds later the Archive Utility.app closes and the zip file is still not unpacked.

Re: Purchased simpleviewer-pro.zip download, but will not open on Mac

First of all, check that the file you have downloaded is not corrupt by checking its MD5 hash in a suitable program
The current 'simpleviewer-pro.zip' file should have an MD5 of 88a908064cb23bcc06c86a5dbdc7b791.
If your file does have this hash, then the file itself is OK and you could perhaps try an alternative unzipping program to extract the file.
If your file does not have this hash, then the file is corrupt and you should try downloading it again using the link from your purchase email.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven,
Here is the info I see relative to this download: [Links removed by Administrator.]
None of the numbers looks like the one you sent.
Can you verify that the purchase went through?  I paid using the Google Payment option that your web site offered, but I don't have a final email confirmation.  The web site said the sale went through and allowed me to download the program.  When I look at the credit card on line I see the transaction only listed as a temporary authorization so far.
I do not think I have any way to re-download the program since that web page was closed and I never received the link in an email.

I just realized that the info I pasted into my last message was a live link that re-downloads the program.  The download size is 2,382,325 bytes just like the first time and it still will not open.

I have removed the links from your previous post.
The file size you quoted is correct for the current SimpleViewer Pro package so it is definitely the correct file you have been downloading.
The MD5 hash can be checked (to confirm the integrity of the file) by launching Terminal and using the 'md5' command.
eg: md5 simpleviewer-pro.zip
If the MD5 hash matches the one I posted, then it sounds more like a problem with your unzipping utility and I would try an alternative. A web search (with terms such as 'unzip archive mac') should bring up a few suggestions.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.