Topic: AV Gallery and PHP Include

Hello All,

I have a "news" page that displays the press releases for a high school district I work for. I want to be able to have a slideshow for these stories embedded in the page.

I have an HTML page in my g1 folder that works great. It has the slideshow embedded exactly how I want it. Now I just need to figure out how to include that HTML page in the PHP page and get it to work.

A little backside, my news stories are all stored in a MSSQL database, and the PHP page stays the same for all the stories, the MSSQL id just changes to reflect whatever story the viewer wants to see.

I have it working where it links to the index.html file in the g1 folder. Except all I get is a black box with no photos showing. I think I'm having an issue with the swfobject.js

Any thoughts?

Re: AV Gallery and PHP Include

Please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

My index.html page that works is:

The page I'm trying to put it in is:

It's a test page right now, so no one will see that without the direct link.

Your embedding code in 'stories2.php' expects both the 'swfobject.js' and 'autoviewer.swf' files to be in the same folder as the 'stories2.php' page (ie. but they are currently located in
You could either:

(1) Change your embedding code to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../svm/g1/swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. 
<a href="">Get Flash.</a></div> 
<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("../svm/g1/autoviewer.swf", "viewer", "400", "300", "8", "#181818");

However, if you do this, then the paths to the images in the gallery's XML file will also need to be changed.
The paths are currently relative (to but in order for the images to be displayed, the paths need to be either:
(a) relative to the HTML page into which AutoViewer is embedded (ie.
eg. <url>../svm/g1/images/image_name.JPG</url>
... or:
(b) absolute
eg. <url></url>
When using svManager to create your gallery, you can choose to have the paths to the images saved as absolute URLs by going to 'Customize -> Advanced settings' and choosing 'Save paths as' ABSOLUTE or HTTP (either should work in your case).

... or:

(2) Embed the gallery using an <iframe> instead, eg:

<iframe src="../svm/g1/index.php" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.