Topic: Before I buy a few Questions

These questions may be obvious but bear with me please!
1 Am I right to think that SV manager will allow me to have multiple galleries on my website?
2 The SV manager index page will allow a visitor to choose which gallery?
3 Is that page customisable to match my current website pages?
4 Can I add links to that page to rest of my website?
5 I am currently using an iFrame to display one gallery will that way work with multiple galleries?

thats all for now

Re: Before I buy a few Questions

Am I right to think that SV manager will allow me to have multiple galleries on my website?

Yes

The SV manager index page will allow a visitor to choose which gallery?

Yes

Is that page customisable to match my current website pages?

The index.php page inside the svmanager folder writes out a web page which is mostly just a table (or optionally a series of divs) containing thumbnails and links to the galleries. The page updates automatically as you add new galleries. You can copy the page to a new location – you'll need to change a setting in the page so it can find its data.

You can also edit the page and wrap your own html and css around the core php code that produces the table. You don't really need any php expertise but you do need to be confident with html/css.

More simply, you can create your own index.html page but you'd need to update it every time you create a new gallery.

I guess you could also use an iframe (see below) but I haven't tried that.

Can I add links to that page to rest of my website?

If you're adding more html to the page then you can include a nav menu or whatever but you'll have to write the html yourself.

I am currently using an iFrame to display one gallery will that way work with multiple galleries?

That's a good way to show a gallery within your own web page. You can have more than one iframe on a page if you want to.

I guess it would also be a good way to embed the gallery index page into your own html page. That way, you could leave the index.php file inside the svmanager folder and link to it in your iframe. You'd still probably need to edit the index.php code a bit – maybe remove the title and the admin link – and you'd need to change the background color to match your site. I haven't tried it but it should work.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.