Topic: Gallery XML Not Found

Hi,

I have followed your guide to setting up the viewer using the wordpress plug in and it works fine when i click to preview the post after I have written it.

But then as soon as i click publish and go to the page on the internet it says 'Gallery XML Not Found'- www.benmerrick.com/gallery

If I go back to editing the post and previewing it it works fine again, until I post it and go to the actual page.

Any help asap would be greatly apreciated as Ive spent the last 4 days trying to get a nice gallery on my site sad

Kind regards,

Ben

Re: Gallery XML Not Found

I have read through threads on here regarding the XML not being found and I have found the 1.xml file on my server and it has the same name as in my post. it is directly in the uploads folder. the folder structure goes:

uploads-> 2011-> 07   with the images in 07, which was all created by the plug in. I have tried putting the 1.xml in each of these folders with no luck. is the folder structure correct? are the images and the 1.xml in the right place?

how do i check my 777 whatever it is has the right permissions? i assume it does if it is creating the xml files correctly?

the writing i have in my post is:

[simpleviewer gallery_id="1"][gallery columns="4"]

regards

Last edited by s_purs (2011-07-25 20:17:23)

I found out it was due to the web page showing the post summary on the first page and if you clicked an image down the bottom it takes you to the working gallery.

now i just need to work out how to stop it doing that summary type page before and instead take me straight to the gallery

When adding images to a SimpleViewer gallery created by WP-SimpleViewer by clicking 'Add an image', after you click 'Save all changes' on the 'From Computer' tab, the tab selection will jump to the 'Gallery' tab.
At this point, close the 'Add an image' pop-up window.
Do not click 'Add Gallery'. This refers to a WordPress gallery rather than SimpleViewer and is responsible for adding the [gallery] tag.

The embedding code in your www.benmerrick.com/gallery page does not look like it was created by WP-SimpleViewer.
WP-SimpleViewer gives each <div> into which galleries are embedded a unique id and does not use <div id="sv-container"></div>.
If entering the embedding code yourself, you will need to point to the gallery's XML file using a galleryURL.
For example, change your embedding code from:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

... to:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="http://www.example.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/1.xml";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

... changing the galleryURL value to point to your gallery's XML file.

I have tried putting the 1.xml in each of these folders with no luck. is the folder structure correct? are the images and the 1.xml in the right place?

When using WP-SimpleViewer to create a SimpleViewer gallery, all the files are in the correct locations and there is no need to move any files. WP-SimpleViewer also generates and inserts the required embedding code so there is also no need to insert embedding code manually into the body of the post.
For reference (I realise you have found this page but others reading this thread may find it useful), the WP-SimpleViewer WordPress support page can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … pleviewer/

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.