Topic: Simple Viewer Pro 2.1.3 and Nextgen Gallery Wordpress

Hi there,
Recently purchased simple viewer pro for wordpress, would like to output nextgen galleries to simpleviewer but cannot use nggflash as must be non flash for iphone etc

Using wp 3.2.1 and nextgenn gallery 1.7.0

when i go to insert a simpleviewer gallery into a page i can only choose flikr or wordpress library from image source drop down
can i add code to make a nextgen gallery the source or can i use shortcode to place a simple viewer in the page that pulls in a nexgen gallery id??

all simple viewer gallery settings will be the same ie dimensions, colour, no of thumbs and position etc for each gallery on every page

Many thanks

Dominic

Re: Simple Viewer Pro 2.1.3 and Nextgen Gallery Wordpress

can i add code to make a nextgen gallery the source

This would require modification to the WP-SimpleViewer source files as WP-SimpleViewer was designed to work with only Flickr or an XML file (which, in the case of WP-SimpleViewer, is generated from the chosen images in the WordPress Media Library) as the source of images.
The code from the NextGEN SimpleViewer plugin may prove useful (athough it is out-of-date and the author claims that it is unfinished) in showing how to construct an XML file from a NextGEN gallery that can be used in SimpleViewer: http://alexrabe.de/2008/03/07/simple-ne … pleviewer/
A knowledge of PHP will be required.

An alternative to using the WP-SimpleViewer WordPress plugin, would be to create your SimpleViewer Pro gallery using svBuilder-Pro, upload the gallery folder to your web server and embed it into a post using the baseURL method described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external
In using svBuilder-Pro, you have access to all Pro Options via an interface and the resulting gallery will include the Mobile Player for non-Flash-enabled devices.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks v much! ..will give that a try, know some php

I had a look but this is over my head,

Is it likely to be a feature incorporated in the future to simpleviewer pro?

would be great to create a gallery and manage it with nextgen and just click 'add simpleviewer' in a page/post and select nextgen gallery as source

especially for end users

Cheers

Dominic

Is it likely to be a feature incorporated in the future to simpleviewer pro?

As far as I am aware, integration with NextGEN is not planned for a future release.
I am not familiar with NextGEN but if all the images for each NextGEN gallery are in individual folders, then perhaps you could modify WP-SimpleViewer to include NextGEN as an option for the source of images and, if selected, use the images from a specified NextGEN gallery folder by using code such as in this post (which uses PHP to dynamically create an XML file on-the-fly using all images in a particular folder, which in this case, would be the specified NextGEN gallery folder).
This would still require a lot of work and knowledge of PHP.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.