Topic: Insert gallery X on page Y

Hi, I have used SV plugin before and have loved the customising ability, colors, sizing, layout etc but I am having trouble inserting galleries. If someone can please set me straight? I purchased SVPro today.

Wordpress page Y, insert an SVP gallery, creates shortcode [simpleviewer gallery_id="1"] and displays the images attached to the page I am inserting the gallery into (page Y).
That was fine, BUT I want to insert a gallery from images attached to another page (X), into that page (Y).

How do I do this please? I dont want any images attached to page Y to show in the gallery on page Y, only images attached to page X. Can I do this?

Many thanks for any help.

Re: Insert gallery X on page Y

It is not possible to have SimpleViewer display images attached to a different post.
Only images attached to the post into which the SimpleViewer Gallery has been embedded will be displayed in the gallery.
A limitation of WordPress is that you cannot attach images in the Media Library to multiple posts.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven,
ok so plan B. Can I exclude some images that are currently attached to page Y from displaying in the page Y gallery?

Edit the gallery.xml for that gallery?

I have also built a gallery with the SV builder Pro, but I haven't been able to find how I can insert that into a WP page? Can that only be done with an iframe or can I insert with shortcode?

Thanks for your help. I know once I get my head around these issues I'll be inserting galleries everywhere smile

Edit. I am happy to use the insert gallery via Icon on the page and then add options to the Pro Options section of a gallery.
I have added:

imageScaleMode="SCALE"
thumbWidth="100"

Can I exclude images from the gallery also in the pro options box? I couldnt find that option, but it may be available?

Last edited by jamncream (2011-08-08 05:30:07)

Can I exclude some images that are currently attached to page Y from displaying in the page Y gallery?

Edit the gallery.xml for that gallery?

Editing the gallery's XML file manually would achieve that (until the gallery is updated via WordPress, in which case the XML file will be overwritten with the new options, reinstating the images attached to the post).
If your gallery has id=1, ie. [simpleviewer gallery_id="1"], then the corresponding XML file will be in the location 'wordpress_folder/wp-content/uploads/1.xml'.

I have also built a gallery with the SV builder Pro, but I haven't been able to find how I can insert that into a WP page? Can that only be done with an iframe or can I insert with shortcode?

A gallery can be created with svBuilder-Pro, uploaded to your web server and then embedded into a post using one of these two methods, ensuring that when entering the embedding code into the body of the post, the method of entry is 'HTML' rather than 'Visual'.

Steven Speirs

Wonderful smile I found the galleries xml file and was able to add hyperlinked captions, order the images and remove images from the gallery.

Only one small hitch and I think I'm all sorted smile - when I add the captions, refresh the gallery, the font and colour of the captions is correct (white and Arial), but after browsing the gallery to the right direction, then going back to the left through the gallery, the caption font changes to black and typeface Times. Do I need to specify the font style within the html tags to ensure it stays white and arial? Firefox and Internet Explorer changed the font after going back through the gallery, but not Chrome (stayed white, Arial).

Thanks again for your help.

Firefox and Internet Explorer changed the font after going back through the gallery, but not Chrome (stayed white, Arial).

The gallery should be displayed consistently across all browsers.
Try clearing your Chrome browser's cache before reloading the gallery to see any changes that you have made.

Steven Speirs