Topic: adding text below the title

I am wondering if it's possible to add a paragraph or two of text under the title of the gallery.  If yes, how would I do this? If no, how could I work text into the gallery page?  Thanks!

Re: adding text below the title

You could create a multi-line title with different font sizes by using HTML formatting as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_2

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

So where would I add it to?  The title box or pro options? and how would I get it started? For example...but where do I put it?

<p>With over 1,000 square feet of floor display area, the renovated one room schoolhouse creates a calm, simple and elegant space to view the art of Western Maine. </p>

If using svBuilder-Pro to create your gallery, then you can enter something like the following into the 'Title' field in the 'Standard' section:

<font size="20">large font size - line 1</font><br><font size="10">small font size - line 2<br>small font size - line 3</font>

svBuilder-Pro will escape the necessary characters for you.

Otherwise, you could open up your gallery's XML file in a plain text editor and insert the title (with the necessary characters escaped) into the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag:

<simpleviewergallery
title="&lt;font size=&quot;20&quot;&gt;large font size - line 1&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;font size=&quot;10&quot;&gt;small font size - line 2&lt;br&gt;small font size - line 3&lt;/font&gt;"
>
Steven Speirs

Thanks for answering all my questions!  Really appreciate the time and love the gallery!  I'm going to use the first option, but where, within that styling does the actual text go?  I'm building the gallery within wordpress, just styling from there in the simple viewer "edit gallery".

Enter the unescaped text into the 'Title' field of WP-SimpleViewer (ensuring that the text color is not the same as the background color in order for it to be visible).
Otherwise, once the gallery has been created, you could edit the gallery's XML file manually (entering the escaped text) as described above.
If the gallery has, for example, an id=2, then the XML file can be found at the following location:
wordpress_folder/wp-content/uploads/2.xml

Steven Speirs

<font-size="16px;">Schoolhouse Gallery</font> <br> <font-size: "12px;">With over 1,000 square feet of floor display area, the renovated one room schoolhouse creates a calm, simple and elegant space to view the art of Western Maine.</font> <br> <font-size: "12px;">Monthly Friday Kingfield Artwalks bring together artists, local community members and visitors for a night of celebration and camaraderie around the various art venues in the village.  Please join us for an upcoming Artwalk!</font>

Inserting this just made my text all big and going off the page.

I tried this too, but with no change.
<span style="font-size: 16px;">Schoolhouse Gallery</span> <br> <span style="font-size: 12px;">With over 1,000 square feet of floor display area, the renovated one room schoolhouse creates a calm, simple and elegant space to view the art of Western Maine.</span> <br> <span style="font-size: 12px;">Monthly Friday Kingfield Artwalks bring together artists, local community members and visitors for a night of celebration and camaraderie around the various art venues in the village.  Please join us for an upcoming Artwalk!</span>

Trying <p> now...

Actually, looking back at it now, the only code that remained after I saved was <br>.

You have a mixture of formats for your <font> tags: <font-size="16px;"> and <font-size: "12px;">
The correct format should be <font size="16">
Insert the following:

<font size="16">Schoolhouse Gallery</font><br><font size="12">With over 1,000 square feet of floor display area, the renovated one room schoolhouse creates a calm, simple and elegant space to view the art of Western Maine.</font><br><font size="12">Monthly Friday Kingfield Artwalks bring together artists, local community members and visitors for a night of celebration and camaraderie around the various art venues in the village.  Please join us for an upcoming Artwalk!</font>
Steven Speirs

Inserting what you have here made everything crazy.  Don't know how to insert a picture here, but what I see now on the Simple viewer gallery list and on the edit gallery page is huge letters, all over each other and outside the actual text box. When I try to view the gallery on the site, there is no title and no text....

and I can't get rid of it....

Changing the 'Gallery Style' to 'MODERN' and rearranging the default thumbnail configuration to allow room for your title, I copied and pasted the code from my last post into the 'Title' field of a test gallery and this is what it looks like.

what I see now on the Simple viewer gallery list and on the edit gallery page is huge letters

This is a side effect of using HTML formatting for the 'title'. When editing a post after using HTML formatting (rather than plain text), the interface will also parse the HTML code within the 'title', resulting in the huge letters that you see.
You can always edit the 'title' in the gallery's XML file manually in a plain text editor.
If the gallery has, for example, an id=2, then the XML file can be found at the following location:
wordpress_folder/wp-content/uploads/2.xml
If you wish to have 'a paragraph or two of text under the title of the gallery', then a long 'title' (with HTML formatting if you wish to have several different font sizes) is the only way to achieve this.
[Gallery removed.]

Steven Speirs

OK!  Text is there!  Now I'd like to put a space between the paragraphs and push the rows and columns of thumbnails down a bit so that the text and thumbs are more centered beside the image.  Possible?  Thanks!

So I have the space between paragraphs and thumbs pushed to bottom but that eliminated my caption.   I added captionPosition="BOTTOM" and captionTextAlignment="LEFT" to the xml file and still no caption...

Now I'd like to put a space between the paragraphs

Use two HTML line breaks: <br><br>

and push the rows and columns of thumbnails down a bit so that the text and thumbs are more centered beside the image.

Use HTML line breaks at the end of your title.

captionPosition and captionTextAlignment are both SimpleViewer Pro options which are not used by SimpleViewer Standard (which WP-SimpleViewer comes bundled with).
Ensure that you have upgraded WP-SimpleViewer to SimpleViewer Pro by following these instructions: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … iewer/#pro
In order for the caption height to be counted in stage layouts, set floatCaption="FALSE" and set a caption height, for example captionHeight="120".

Steven Speirs

I already have the upgrade, but regardless, looks great now.  Thanks so much for your great support!