Topic: XML not found, iPhone, using Blogger and DropBox

Hello everyone,

Yes, like everyone else I have a problem with SimpleViewer...:( Well, for starters I'm using Blogger and sourcing my images from DropBox. I am using the current release of the svBuilder and on any browser on any laptop/desktop the SimpleViewer works just fine. However, I can't seem to get it to work on my iPhone.

The direct link to the site and page is:

Please check using your laptop/desktop on any browser and
then using the iPhone.

This is the code I'm using:

The first part of the code displays the SimpleViewer correctly in all browsers so this is not an issue for me.

<object height="650" width="950"><param name="Movie" value="">
<param name="Flashvars" value="xmlDataPath=">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
<embed src="" flashvars="xmlDataPath=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="650" width="950"></embed></object>

This is where the issue begins: BELOW

Second part of the code.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but remember I'm using Blogger (for hosting the site) and DropBox (for hosting the images, simpleviewer.js, simpleviwer.swf, and so on).

SimpleViewer for iPhone code STARTS here

<script src="" type="text/javascript">
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "";
var params = {};
params.wmode = "transparent";
var attributes = {}; = "svInstance";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "ffffff", true, flashvars, params, attributes);
<div id="sv-container">

Can someone please kindly help me...

Thank you... big_smile

Last edited by ecorob (2011-08-15 03:49:00)

Re: XML not found, iPhone, using Blogger and DropBox

Having tried several tests, it would appear that the Mobile Player will display the 'Gallery XML Not Found.' message when the XML file is hosted on a different domain (whether on Dropbox or elsewhere). (My tests also included a 'crossdomain.xml' file as described here: … trouble_11.)
If you are unable to host your gallery's XML file on the same domain as the HTML page into which SimpleViewer is embedded, then you could upload your entire gallery folder (including the gallery's 'index.html' page) to Dropbox and embed SimpleViewer using an <iframe> as described here: … l#external

Also, your page has 5 different lots of embedding code, 4 of which are trying to embed a gallery into a container with id="sv-container" and you have 3 '<div id="sv-container">' entries on your page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.