Topic: multiple galleries on different html pages

hello,

I've tried to embed coding for multiple galleries on different html pages, but it doesn't work out. I checked the manual several times, but I don't understand it right.

Can someone please tell me what to place on the different html pages and how to redirect to different galleries?

looking forward to receiving your answer.

Regards,

iris

Re: multiple galleries on different html pages

If you simply want to have several galleries on your website and link to each of them from a 'menu' page, then:
(1) Create your galleries using your method of choice
(2) Upload the gallery folders in their entirety to your web server
(3) On your HTML menu page, you can link to each gallery's HTML index page using an HTML hyperlink

As an example, if your gallery folders were named 'gallery1' and 'gallery2', and you uploaded them to the root of your web domain (in this example, 'www.example.com'), then the hyperlinks on your HTML menu page would look like this:

<a href="http://www.example.com/gallery1/index.html">Link to Gallery #1</a>
<a href="http://www.example.com/gallery2/index.html">Link to Gallery #2</a>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

thank you for your quick answer. However, I still face some problems.
I want to have to pages: one for created websites and one for created housestyles.
I created in my root folder a file called galleries. In that file I've created 2 files: galleryhousesetyle and galleryweb. In each of those galleries I've created a gallery.xml and a galleryweb.xml. I also have index.html, thumbs and images in galleryhousestyle and galleryweb.

This is the code I have for housestyle:
<tr>
            <td width="450"><!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.xml";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "750px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, null, false);
});

</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED --></td>
          </tr>

This is the code I have for the page showing websites:
<tr>
    <td width="450"><!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="galleryweb.xml";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "450px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, null, false);
});

</script>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED --></td>
          </tr>

I want to integrate it in my own layout of my website thus I place the embedding code underneath the title (however, I have to find a solution because the images become quite small).

My problems:
- I only see 1 image on the housestyle-page.
- in the web-page (showing the created websites), I see the images of housestyle. In one way or the other I don't get the right .xml linked.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks

Rgds

Iris

Your Embed Code Parameters are incorrect. You have too many parameters in your embedding code.
For example, you currently use:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "750px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, null, false);

... and this should be:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "750px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, false);

Likewise:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "450px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, null, false);

... should be:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "450px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, false);

Please post the URLs to each of the galleries so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs

hi Steven,

these are the url's. Don't pay attention please to html/css... it was the first site ever build so coding is not perfect.

these are the url's.
www.skmc.eu/huisstijl.html
www.skmc.eu/websites.html
(temporary files)

Other question: when I make a gallery in sv-builder and I save it, it is indicated as index.html. Can I change that into ...website.hmtl (or something like that?). And, when I do that it says: it overwrites files already in the root. That's a bit strange since there are no files in the rootfolder. Can you pls explain that to me?

Thanks for all your help!!!

rgds

Sjoerdtje

Thank you for posting the URLs.
Being that you want to embed two galleries in different HTML pages within the same directory, it would make sense to keep each gallery in a separate folder, upload the complete gallery folders (not just the contents) to the root of your web space and embed each gallery using the baseURL method described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

If your gallery folders are called 'gallery1' and 'gallery2', then the root of your web space should contain the following:
huisstijl.html (file)
websites.html (file)
gallery1 (folder)
gallery2 (folder)

Each gallery folder will contain a 'gallery.xml' file and an 'images', a 'thumbs' and an 'svcore' folder.
Each gallery folder will also contain an 'index.html' file but as you are embedding the galleries in other HTML pages, the 'index.html' files will not be used.

The embedding code which should be inserted into your 'huisstijl.html' and 'websites.html' files should look like this:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="gallery1/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars={};
flashvars.baseURL="gallery1/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "450px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, false);
});
</script>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

(Substitute the two instances of 'gallery1' with 'gallery2' when you embed the second gallery in the second HTML page.)

Can I change that into ...website.hmtl (or something like that?).

Yes. On svBuilder-Pro's 'Publish' tab, you can choose the 'Index Page Name' for your gallery by typing in an appropriate name in the 'Index Page Name' text field, replacing the default name of 'index.html'.

And, when I do that it says: it overwrites files already in the root. That's a bit strange since there are no files in the rootfolder.

svBuilder-Pro will warn you if you create a new gallery and try to save it to an existing gallery's folder.
The warning should not be displayed if trying to save a gallery to an empty folder.

Steven Speirs