Topic: No large images just a white 'X'

Just started using Simpleviewer v2 and i'm having a few wee problems anyway here's
the code i have embedded into Dreamweaver.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.—>
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.wmode = "transparent";
var attributes = {};
attributes.id = "svInstance";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "180%", "100%", "000000", true, flashvars,
params, attributes);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-parent" style="height:120%">
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED —>

If you can look at this and see any reason why my main image in the gallery
wouldn't work then please let me know where i am going wrong.

Thank you.

Re: No large images just a white 'X'

Please see this FAQ regarding crosses where images should be: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_2
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm not even getting crosses now i'm getting nothing i can't send you a link because the site isn't live yet. I really don't know how to get this thing to work, its beyond me.

do i need to put it all inside a div? it's telling me i need to save all the galleries i make into one folder and i have done that.

For reference, the SimpleViewer Embedding Guide can be found here.

A few pointers...

(1) If your gallery's XML file is named 'gallery.xml' and is located in the same directory as the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded, you do not need to use the galleryURL option.

(2) You can make your gallery's background transparent by setting the backgroundColor Embed Code Parameter to 'transparent', removing the need to set the 'wmode' with a Flash param.

(3) A standard gallery which does not make use of the SimpleViewer Pro API does not need to set attributes.id = "svInstance";

(4) The gallery's width is set to '180%' and the parent container's height is set to '120%'. These values may cause layout problems.

(5) The gallery's parent container <div> is not closed in the code you posted.

With this in mind, you might be able to condense your embedding code to:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.—>
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container" style="background-color: #000000;"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED —>

do i need to put it all inside a div?

No. The gallery will be embedded into the 'sv-container' <div> which does not need to be inside another <div>.

In order to discover why you are seeing crosses (or nothing at all), I would need to see your gallery live.
Without seeing the structure of your files or your code, my best guess would be that some files are in the wrong locations.
The 'gallery.xml' file should be in the same directory as the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded.
All relative paths to the images within the XML file should be relative to the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded.
The 'svcore' folder should also be in the same directory as the HTML page.

Steven Speirs

this worked to some extent i got the thumbnails back and the white X but only when i move everything into one folder but there are lots of files that end up with the same names and it throws a hissy fit when i change the file names so i don't know how i'm supposed to make it work when i need all the files in one folder but it doesn't like me changing any of the names  hmm

P.s also won't work when they're all in the same file with sub-folders.

Rather than move the gallery's files into the same directory as the HTML page into which the gallery is being embedded, you can keep all the gallery files in the original gallery folder, upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server and embed the gallery using the baseURL option as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external
This method of embedding requires no moving or renaming of files and you will, therefore, not encounter duplicate file names.

Steven Speirs