Topic: Rights management for WP SV - author needs to start new gallery

Hi,

I'd like to give the author of a blog the right to make new galleries and to edit these as well as the existing ones. So far the SimpleViewer WP-Plugin is only accessible for administrators. Is there a way to alter this or to give access to specified users?

Re: Rights management for WP SV - author needs to start new gallery

An Administrator, Author, Contributor or Editor is able to create a gallery but editing a gallery via the top-level SimpleViewer Menu in the Dashboard can be done only by an Administrator. It is known as an Administration Menu and users with other Roles do not have access to this.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

An Administrator, Author, Contributor or Editor is able to create a gallery but editing a gallery via the top-level SimpleViewer Menu in the Dashboard can be done only by an Administrator. It is known as an Administration Menu and users with other Roles do not have access to this.

I know. But I am looking for a method to give one specific user access to the SimpleViewer Menu without the whole administration access to everything else ...

As far as I am aware, this is not possible as the WordPress top-level Dashboard menus that plugin developers can create (such as that used in WP-SimpleViewer) are designed for Administrator access only.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.