Topic: Help. Autoviewer + GalleryCMS.

Hello.
I've struggled for several hours last night trying to get autoviewer to read an external xml-file. I wanted to load GalleryCMS's xml file so I can use that cms to upload and delete pictures. I got it to work with some gallery called PureGallery, but I think that Autoviewer i so much nicer. smile

My question to you pros out there. Is it even possible to do what I want? And if it is, how do I do it?

Tank you
Rickard.

sorry for bad english, I'm Swedish!

Re: Help. Autoviewer + GalleryCMS.

The default XML format output by GalleryCMS uses tags that are not understood by AutoViewer.
You will need to change the 'application/views/view_xml.php' file to ensure that the XML output is of the correct format for an AutoViewer gallery.
See the 'XML Formatting' section on this page for details: http://www.gallerycms.com/usage.php
An example of the format required by an XML file for use in AutoViewer can be found in the AutoViewer Standard download package ('autoviewer/gallery.xml').

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Steven.
Hope I can get it to work.

Steven Speirs wrote:

The default XML format output by GalleryCMS uses tags that are not understood by AutoViewer.
You will need to change the 'application/views/view_xml.php' file to ensure that the XML output is of the correct format for an AutoViewer gallery.
See the 'XML Formatting' section on this page for details: http://www.gallerycms.com/usage.php
An example of the format required by an XML file for use in AutoViewer can be found in the AutoViewer Standard download package ('autoviewer/gallery.xml').

Do you have Amy knowledge about gallery cms and puregallery? Have a pretty weird problem. This is the problem: http://code.google.com/p/gallerycms/iss … il?id=6#c0 Do you know anything about this?

No. I am unfamiliar with GalleryCMS and PureGallery.
Your best chance of resolving this issue is to post in the GalleryCMS 'Issues' section that you have linked to.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

No. I am unfamiliar with GalleryCMS and PureGallery.
Your best chance of resolving this issue is to post in the GalleryCMS 'Issues' section that you have linked to.

Ok. Thanks anyway.
Just one more question, I've tried to change the xml file i galleryCMS to make it work with autoviewer but I did not manage to do it. Do you know how the xmlfile should look like to get it to work? I would really appreciate if you could help me.

Regards

The following is untested (and would benefit from having the width and height of each image inserted into the XML) but might be a step in the right direction:

<?php echo('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>'.PHP_EOL); ?>
<gallery frameColor="0xFFFFFF" frameWidth="15" imagePadding="20" displayTime="6" enableRightClickOpen="true">
<?php if(isset($row)) {
    foreach($row as $r) { ?>
        <?php if(isset($r->images)) {
            foreach($r->images as $img) { ?>
                <image>
                   <url><?php echo base_url();?>uploads/<?php echo $img->filename;?></url>
                   <caption><![CDATA[<?php echo $img->caption;?>]]></caption>
                   <width></width>
                   <height></height>
                </image>
        <?php } } ?>
    <?php } } ?>
</gallery>
Steven Speirs