Topic: IE 7 and Simpleviewer

Has anyone experienced any issues with IE 7 RC1 and Simpleviewer not working correctly?

I can view galleries inside IE 6 without a problem but on IE7 the only thing that displays is the loading screen, then a blank page comes up and the only visible object is the simpleviewer link at the bottom right which doesn't work.

Any ideas, workarounds or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Re: IE 7 and Simpleviewer

got a url to look at?

no known issues with IE7

which flash player is in your IE7?  You might try downloading the latest flash player for your browser

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Flash Ho, thanks for your reply.

No url as I am testing locally but what I can tell you is that while visiting sites with IE7 a display asking me to install flash was coming up on some sites and not in others.

After going to the Adobe site to check for the flash plugin succesful install it indicates that I did have version 9 installed but cnet.com for example was asking me to download flash.

So after using Adobes flash uninstall program and reinstalling again things got worse. Trying the standalone flash installer + the activex installer did nothing for me.

Finally an adobe forum came up with a relevant problem that some people tracked down to a registry key which was not allowing the installation of the flash9.ocx (activex control) due to a permissions change. So after changing permissions before reinstalling again I granted full permissions to the key and put it back to its previous setting and now things are peachy again.

By the way Adobe lists support for Flash 9 for IE6 not 7. And the only reason I am using IE7 is for testing purposes.

My gallery issues are mostly clear I think and you can check it out here. http://kematica.com/work/work.html

Nice example of Simpleviewer. And your site looks Great!

Let us know when you add more work examples to SV.

I'm starting a new thread, "Show Your examples of SimpleViewer" , will you add your link?

Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks and glad you liked it. I will post the link to the gallery on your new thread which sounds like a great idea.

-Ken