Topic: Uploading files to new folder? or loose?

Hi all, when uploading files to server should they be put in new folder, or just as and where they land in the public html files. many thanks to anyone who replies, JC

Last edited by johno (2011-09-03 14:03:58)

Re: Uploading files to new folder? or loose?

You could do either, as long as the paths to 'swfobject.js' and 'autoviewer.swf' are correct within your embedding code.
Also, bear in mind that relative paths to the images within the gallery's XML file are relative to the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded.
Please see the AutoViewer Embedding Guide for details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven, thanks for your quick reply, i asked so as to make it easy to delete the files at later date to change slide show,in one folder called maybe "my slide show" would make this easy to do, then upload new show to same file. I done things a diferent way anyway, as im using webeasy and was having trouble embeding the code on page, so i linked to the swf file and it seemed to work also uploading all files loose in public html page, but of course the files scatter making it harder to delete at later date. Sori to be long winded but i'm fairley new at this,and i loved the viewer type you offer, best regards John. Ps the site is www.bernewodegolfsociety.com and any help you got on offer for using with webeasy pro 8 will be gratefully recieved, i googled it but cant find anything on adding SV to webeasy.

You can keep all your gallery files in a separate folder (in this example, named 'my_slide_show') and upload the entire folder (not just the contents) to your 'public_html' folder (the root of your web space).

If you would like to embed the gallery into an HTML page that is located alongside the gallery folder (also in the root directory), then you could:

(1) Embed the gallery into the HTML page using embedding code such as:

<script type="text/javascript" src="my_slide_show/swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("my_slide_show/autoviewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "600", "8", "#181818");
fo.write("flashcontent");
</script>

If doing this, you may like to use absolute paths to your images within the gallery's XML file to avoid pathing issues.

... or:

(2) Embed the gallery into the HTML page using an <iframe> such as:

<iframe src="my_slide_show/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="0"></iframe>
Steven Speirs

Ah thanks steven, great idea will try it for the next album, you been grt help many thanks John

Hi steven, still having a lil trouble, so sori to be a pain, using sv builder uploading to server to a file eg, "my slide show" still cant make it work, with all the uploaded files loose in public html it works well and it finds all files, but putting them in my slide show it dont, what must i change and where? for it to locate the correct file, and what must i put in index page name? if i leave it index html it loads the slide show on going to the site, once again sori to appear stupid, regards John

using sv builder

Are you using SimpleViewer (rather than AutoViewer)?
If so:
(1) Create your gallery using svBuilder-Pro
(2) Upoad the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your 'public_html' folder
(3) In the HTML page into which you wish to embed the gallery, use the baseURL method as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

For example, if your gallery folder is named 'my_slide_show', then the embedding code you would copy and paste into your existing HTML page would be:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bernewodegolfsociety.com/my_slide_show/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.bernewodegolfsociety.com/my_slide_show/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs