Topic: Changing default location for image files & thumbnail names

I have existing galleries setup, several hundred that I want to convert to Simpleviewer Pro.  One of my concerns is that I keep the existing gallery file structure the same.  Some of the galleries have been shared for several years and have been linked to various places on the net. 

Currently, the images and thumbnails are all in each gallery's root folder.  The thumbnail images are prefixed with TN_ .

Is there a way to change the "default" settings so when I build a gallery with svBuilderPro it creates the gallery.xml file to point to the root gallery folder for the images & thumbnails, and prefixes the thumbnails with TN_ ?

I know I can go and modify the gallery.xml file after I create each gallery with Simpleviewer, but I'd prefer to not have to do that due to the large number of galleries I'm dealing with.  A last ditch type option would be to just leave the existing images there for historical purposes/linking and create new galleries with the standard setup, however that's quite a waste of spacewhen we're talking about a gig of images.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Josh

Re: Changing default location for image files & thumbnail names

It is not possible to change the default settings for the location of images and thumbnails in svBuilder-Pro.
However, modifying the XML files after your galleries have been created should be relatively straightforward and not too time-consuming.
If using a text editor such as the free Notepad++, you will have regular expression find and replace functionality and can modify many documents at once.
You could open all your XML files in Notepad++, choose 'Regular expression' as the 'Search Mode' and replace:

imageURL="images/(.+)"

... with:

imageURL="\1"

... and also replace:

thumbURL="thumbs/(.+)"

... with:

thumbURL="TN_\1"

... across all documents at once.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the information Steven.

I've read over the documentation about modifying the location for the the svcore folder.  Will I need to go back and modify each gallery.xml document after its created if I move the svcore folder, or can I set that as a preset setting?  I'm guessing i will have to modify each gallery.xml file, but just would like confirmation.

Thanks
Josh

If you move only the 'svcore' folder, then you need only change the reference to the 'simpleviewer.js' file in each gallery's embedding code (in the HTML files), eg.

<script type="text/javascript" src="new_location_for_svcore_folder/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

There will be no need to modify the XML files unless you move the images and/or thumbnails (and only then if the imageURLs and/or thumbURLs are specified using relative rather than absolute paths).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, thanks again Steven.