Topic: Size of stage too big

I can't seem to get the "stage" to be shorter.  I have tried many suggested solutions and tried fixing the CSS for the page it is embedded in to no avail.  There is a large area under the images that I can't get rid of. The next text appears too far down for anyone to notice.  Please help.
URL:  http://www.karenbettencourt.com/picot/f … index.html

XML
        useFlickr="false"
    resizeOnImport="true"
    cropToFit="false"
    backgroundColor="191919"
    frameColor="191919"
    thumbColumns="3"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showFullscreenButton="false"
    imageAreaHeight="450"
    thumbAreaX="10"
    stageVAlign="TOP"
    useFixedLayout="true"
    imageAreaX="275"
    thumbAreaY="28"
    captionY="360"
    indexPageName="newindex.html"
    imageAreaWidth="640"
    imageAreaY="0"
    thumbRows="4"
    stageBorder="5"
    stageHPadding="5"
    thumbLoadBarHeight="10"
    showImageNumber="false"
    enableCaptionLinks="true"
    stageVPadding="5"
    lockBottomStack="false"
    captionHeight="100"
    buttonBarX="100"
    imageVAlign="CENTER"
    maxImageWidth="700"
    maxImageHeight="450"
    imageQuality="80"
    thumbWidth="75"
    thumbHeight="75"
    thumbQuality="90"

Re: Size of stage too big

You use a Fixed Layout so your gallery elements are positioned absolutely relative to the top left-hand corner of the stage.
The gallery's dimensions are 100% x 100% so the gallery will fill the parent container.
However, being a Fixed Layout, the gallery will not resize dynamically to fill the available space so it can use only empty space to fill the container.
Also, it looks like the parent container's size (set somewhere in your CSS) changes with the browser size so there is less empty space in a browser window of limited height.

Try not using a Fixed Layout (ie. set fixedLayout="FALSE").
Otherwise, if keeping a Fixed Layout, give your gallery fixed dimensions (rather than 100% x 100%).
Knowing the size and position of all gallery elements and knowing that the gallery will not resize dynamically, you can calculate the exact gallery size required.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.