Topic: uploading simpleviewer galleries through Filezilla 2 FTP

Hello there, I am in the process of uploading my website through Filezilla 2 for mac, everything uploaded ok but the Simpleviewer galleries i made. The galleries were all working perfect when i browsed them in Dreamweaver and all the files were uploaded exactly as they appeared on the mac but when the website was uploaded i just got an error 404 in the box where the gallery should have been.  sad

http://www.swansnestdesign.co.uk/summat … frame.html

if you could give me a clue as to where i have gone wrong i'd be very grateful.

Re: uploading simpleviewer galleries through Filezilla 2 FTP

The page missing from your web server is:
http://www.swansnestdesign.co.uk/Galleries/Summative Project/index.html
If the web site runs OK locally but not when uploaded to your web server, it may be that your web server is case sensitive.
Check all folder and file names for case sensitivity (ie. lowercase vs UPPERCASE).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

so do instead of taking the folders out of the galleries folder i need to just put the whole galleries folder in to upload? ive changed all the folder names to lowercase but does the 'galleries' folder need to be all lowercase because it keeps coming up with an error when i try and change it from'Galleries' to 'galleries'  hmm

also i forgot to mention my index page is called 'home.html' will this mean that Simpleviewer won't recognise the index page?

never mind all is working well now, thanks so much for your help! the people at ipage are rubbish!  big_smile

The galleries were all working perfect when i browsed them in Dreamweaver

so do instead of taking the folders out of the galleries folder i need to just put the whole galleries folder in to upload?

If everything works OK locally on your own computer, then there is no reason why it should not work when uploaded to your web server if you mirror the structure exactly (ie. do not rename or move any files).

does the 'galleries' folder need to be all lowercase

No. However, if the gallery's name is lowercase, then you must refer to the gallery folder using lowercase in the URL when it is uploaded to your web server.

also i forgot to mention my index page is called 'home.html' will this mean that Simpleviewer won't recognise the index page?

The page loaded into your <iframe> should be the gallery's HTML index page (no matter what it is called).
At the moment, your code is as follows:

<iframe src="Galleries/summative project/index.html" height="500" width="700" frameborder="0"></iframe>

... and the file http://www.swansnestdesign.co.uk/Galleries/summative project/index.html does not exist on your web server.
It looks like your gallery folder is named 'summative project' and that your gallery's HTML index page is named 'index.html'.
If this is correct, then you should upload your gallery folder ('summative project') to the 'Galleries' directory on your web server.

Steven Speirs

Glad you've got it sorted out.
Thanks for posting back.

Steven Speirs