Topic: Video support

Are there any plans to fully support video files within the near future?

Last edited by wr_uk (2011-09-14 07:47:05)

Re: Video support

No. Not that I am aware of.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I suppose the next question is why? Is it something thats not straight forward to do? I'm certainly not the first to ask about the support for video files looking through the forums.

If theres a big enough gain in interest would you consider implementing it?

PS please dont point me in the direction of the FAQ thats outlines 'no video support' as I see its commonly use with regards to questions on video files.

A reasonable answer to a reasonable question would be fantastic.

Thanks

Last edited by wr_uk (2011-09-23 14:13:02)

I am not a developer of SimpleViewer and do not know how difficult it would be to implement, though, with the many different video formats in existence, I suspect it may be somewhat troublesome.
Therefore, I cannot give you a definitive answer but thought I should reply rather than leave your query unanswered.
All I can do is suggest that you post your feature request in this thread so that it is not overlooked.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Sorry for the bunt post previously but its driving me mad with not supporting video.  Its the missing piece and arguably the most important for me it will allow me to show my demo reel.

I've scoured the internet looking at galleries thats support Images & Videos seen many but I've not seen anything that even comes close to simpleviewer in terms of how the overall look, feel and ease of use. For me its the best out there.

Ive tried running a video file similar to how a image file load all is good but as your probably aware there are issues with autoplaying/playback and no controls. If anybody out there has a short term solution of how I can get this running ok, please let me know.

Not bothered which video format is supported or if it has to be embedded from a site such as Vimeo, I just need a solution.

Hopefully it will be something thats implemented in the near future.

Thanks

Last edited by wr_uk (2011-09-23 17:10:50)

Video support is on the roadmap but there is no ETA.

Felix Turner

One year has passed. Any news on the video topic?  wink

/Jan

@JanR

No. There is no news to report on this topic. SimpleViewer-Pro still supports only images.
Please see this FAQ: Will SimpleViewer load things other than images?

Steven Speirs