Topic: Title stuck with svBuilder-Pro 2.1.3 and svmanager

Hello all,

I originally used the standalone svBuilder-Pro 2.1.3 on a goDaddy windows hosting account for my family friend's business. The photos all load from flikr. She is not computer savvy so originally she would swap the pictures on flikr (she was already familiar with this) and email me to tell me to rebuild the gallery with an updated title. However I got tired of constantly rebuilding these galleries for her business so I put svmanager on the site.

I imported the current gallery into svmanager and now theoretically she can log in and click edit and type in a new title. However the title will show up as the new one on svmanager menu but the web site itself does not change. Why does it update the svmanager title but not the gallery?

Also she still shows a title from the last gallery I built when she loads the web site where as on my computer I see the update title. Does this have something to do with cookies? How do I know what title customers can see? I need to have an online dynamic method of title updates that everyone can see. Thanks!

Re: Title stuck with svBuilder-Pro 2.1.3 and svmanager

The browser is storing the XML file and reusing it rather than reloading it from the web site each time a user visits the gallery.
The user could clear their browser's cache in order to see the new changes.
Otherwise, in order to avoid the gallery's XML file being cached, you could try defining your gallery's XML file with a unique  identifier (e.g. the current time which will be different each time a user loads the page) using the galleryURL option in your gallery's embedding code.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.xml?nocache="+new Date().getTime();
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

The browser is storing the XML file and reusing it rather than reloading it from the web site each time a user visits the gallery.
The user could clear their browser's cache in order to see the new changes.
Otherwise, in order to avoid the gallery's XML file being cached, you could try defining your gallery's XML file with a unique identifier (eg. the current time which will be different each time a user loads the page) using the galleryURL option in your gallery's embedding code.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.xml?nocache="+new Date().getTime();
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Sounds great but where would I put this code? Right now I have the gallery loading inside an iframe...

When a gallery is created with svBuilder-Pro, there will be an HTML index page inside the gallery folder.
The default name for this file is 'index.html' and this is the file that you will likely be loading into your <iframe>.
It is this file that should be modified to include the galleryURL flashvar as above.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.