Topic: Pro problem

I just upgraded to the Pro version so I could have more than one gallery. I'm using the Photocrati theme. I have several question.

I now cannot find how to add images to an existing gallery. I've looked at the help section and can't find "Add Gallery", only "Edit Gallery", but on "Edit Gallery" there's no place to click to add more images. I am working with a Page and not a Post. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I really would prefer not to have to go back in and redo everything to Posts.

Is there a way to change the order or the photos, short of pulling the xml file off the server and manually reordered them?

I bought the Pro version so that I could have multiple galleries, but have found text that suggests that I cannot have multiple galleries in WP, but it could mean that I can only have one Gallery per post or page.

Thanks,
Alisa

Re: Pro problem

How do I get the main image to align at the top instead of the bottom?

http://erikpoppkephotography.com/ep/showcase

Thanks,
Alisa

If you wish to add images to an existing gallery, you would upload the images to your Media Library and attach them to the post containing the gallery.

However, if you wish to reorder images and have multiple galleries, it may be better for you to use svBuilder-Pro to create your galleries rather than WP-SimpleViewer:
(1) Create your galleries with svBuilder-Pro: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … uilderpro/
(2) Upload the gallery folders (not just the contents) to your web server
(3) Embed each gallery using one of the two methods described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

In doing this (and keeping a copy of each gallery folder on your computer), you can edit each gallery easily within svBuilder-Pro (dragging and dropping images to reorder them if required) and then re-upload the gallery's XML file to the correct location.

How do I get the main image to align at the top instead of the bottom?

Set imageVAlign="TOP" in your gallery's XML file.
This is a Pro Option, so if using WP-SimpleViewer, this should be entered into the Pro Options text area in the gallery settings pop-up window.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here is what I have set in my xml file:

maxImageWidth="1024"
maxImageHeight="768"
textColor="0xffffff"
frameColor="0xffffff"
frameWidth="1"
thumbColumns="2"
thumbRows="4"
thumbPosition="LEFT"
title=""
showOpenButton="false"
showFullscreenButton="false"
languageList=""
galleryStyle="CLASSIC"
useFlickr="false"
flickrUserName=""
flickrTags=""
e_bgColor="transparent"
e_g_width="100%"
e_g_height="100%"
e_useFlash="true"
stageBorder="5"
stageVAlign="TOP"
stageHAlign="CENTER"
thumbWidth="100"
thumbHeight="100"
thumbFrameWidth="1"
thumbHoverFrameWidth="2"
thumbVAlign="CENTER"
imageHAlign="CENTER"
imageVAlign="TOP"
watermarkURL="http://erikpoppkephotography.com/ep/wp-includes/images/watermark.png"
watermarkHAlign="RIGHT"
watermarkVAlign="BOTTOM"
watermarkPadding="2"
watermarkLinkURL=""
postID="21">

Do I have something conflicting that is causing the imageVAlign="TOP" not to work?

I also want the whole thing moved up closer to the top, closing the gap between the top of the thumbnails and the page title (Erik's Showcase). I've tried adding a negative margin, but not sure where to add it. I did change colors on serveral ids in the wrapper and it seems that the extra margin or padding is somewhere I can't seem to adjust.

Just checked in IE and the problem I'm having seems to be a FireFox problem. IE looks much better.

Just checked in IE and the problem I'm having seems to be a FireFox problem. IE looks much better.

Your gallery page looks very similar in Firefox 6 and IE9 on my PC (no discernible difference).

Do I have something conflicting that is causing the imageVAlign="TOP" not to work?

Your images are vertically-aligned to the 'TOP'.
Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery in order to see any changes made.

I also want the whole thing moved up closer to the top, closing the gap between the top of the thumbnails and the page title (Erik's Showcase).

Set stageBorder="0" to reduce the space around the gallery.
Also, your page also has the line:

<h1 class="entry-title">Erik’s Showcase</h1>

If you change this to:

<h1 class="entry-title" style="margin: 0; padding: 0;">Erik’s Showcase</h1>

... the top of the gallery will be flush against the bottom of the text 'Erik’s Showcase'.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

perfect! Thanks Steven.

Tnx,
Alisa