Topic: CDATA with no thumbnails

I would like to set my gallery to have no thumbnails. But, I would like the information contained in CDATA to be displayed. The only way I can figure out how to do this is to use the COMPACT galleryStyle. If I set the galleryStyle to COMPACT then all the photos are the same size, but I don't want the images to be cropped.

How do I fix this?

Last edited by n4ows (2011-09-23 22:30:52)

Re: CDATA with no thumbnails

You would need to purchase SimpleViewer-Pro and upgrade WP-SimpleViewer by following these instructions.
You could then position the captions (independently of the thumbnails) by using the captionPosition Pro Option.
You could also have control over the image scaling (to ensure that images are not cropped) by using the imageScaleMode Pro Option.
These Pro Options should be entered into WP-SimpleViewer's 'Pro Options' text area in the gallery settings pop-up window.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have the Pro version already. So, I'll follow your instructions and see what happens. From the description on the Pro Options, I could not figure this out.

I added these options

captionFontName="Helvetica, Arial,_sans"

and got these errors

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: attributes construct error in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/uploads/11.xml, line: 49 in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 795

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: Couldn't find end of Start Tag simpleviewergallery line 2 in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/uploads/11.xml, line: 49 in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 795

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: Extra content at the end of the document in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/uploads/11.xml, line: 49 in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 795

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAttribute() on a non-object in /home/bobbyp/public_html/ep/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 800

Please disregard the last post. I found the error and fixed it. Everything is working great. Thanks again Steven. I love this viewer.