Topic: stage.scaleMode

I have searched the forums but have yet to find a solution to my question. I am building my website in flash and have simpleviewer embedded and working mostly correct. My only problem is that the rest of my site is set to fit the users resolution. The rest of my swf has stage.scaleMode Exact fit. I realize that simpleviewer is set to no scale. regardless if I comment out or set scaleMode to exact fit in the AS that loads simpleviewer, it still defaults to no scale. Is there a way to fix this?

Re: stage.scaleMode

SimpleViewer requires StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE and StageAlign.TOP_LEFT. If you wish to embed SimpleViewer Pro in a container movie, then you must modify the loading SWF to work with those parameters.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Well I assume there is a good reason for that, but it is extremely unfortunate. So how do I make a website work with multiple resolutions of If I can't get the stage to scale?

As noted in the Embedding in Flash page:

SimpleViewer uses StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE and StageAlign.TOP_LEFT. Check the resize code in the example FLA to see how to handle resizing with these parameters set.

The example FLA file can be found in the SimpleViewer Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_213/examples/flash_embed/simpleviewer_flash_embed.fla') and in the .fla file next to where the StageScaleMode and StageAlign are set are the comments:

SimpleViewer requires these settings to function correctly
scaling is handled via the onResize handler

Perhaps examining the code for the onResize function in the .fla file will help.
For reference, this thread covers similar ground: http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=11286

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.