Topic: How can I manipulate the image name in <%itemCaption%>

I use SV 1.7 without source code !! I'm willing to buy the source code when I understand what it brings me!

Right now, I would like to manipulate the image name echode underneath the thumnails. F.i. the image "start_next_next1__1_.jpg" should show up like "start next next1 01". So without the extension, stripping the underscores and and the end of the image name replace the 1, etc by 01, etc.

I hope you guys and babes understand what I mean.

As far as I understand SV I ried to change the "imageNode.xml" between <caption></caption> witn PHP function "preg_replace". But it doesn't work.

Has anyone some idea how I can achieve my objective with SV 1.7 or 1.8 or, when needed, SW PRO?

Your help is appreciated.

Note: Sorry for my English but I'm Dutch!

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Re: How can I manipulate the image name in <%itemCaption%>

You are on the right track. You need to modify buildgallery.php to modify your image names and write the modified names into the caption text. Alternatively you could modify the XML by hand to edit the generated names.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: How can I manipulate the image name in <%itemCaption%>

modify buildgallery.php to modify your image names and write the modified names into the caption text.

Thanks Felix for the encouragement that I'm on the good track. However ... I can't find buildgallery.php !!

I'm using the SV template (V 1.7)  in combination with Picassa.

Please suggest the next step for me.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend