Topic: Flickr Settings

Hi all,

I dont understand how Tiltviewer is selecting the photos from flickr when you disable the use of tag selection in the code... I assumed this would display the most recent dated photos on Flickr, and so i re-dated some older ones to try and get them to the front but this didnt work as i expected. Likewise, it doesnt seem to be displaying them in alphabetical order.

Does anyone know how Tilt Viewer (Or Flickr??) selects the order the photos are displayed in?

Cheers

Dave

Re: Flickr Settings

According to this Flickr page, an API search (which is what TiltViewer performs to obtain the images from a Flickr account) returns images by default in 'date-posted-desc' (date posted descending) order.
You can change an image's date posted by using Flickr Organize. Select an image and select Dates -> Date Uploaded.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

See i thought that would be how it was decided... It seems that changing the date in flickr is changing the photo taken date, not the photo uploaded date, and not bringing them to the front... I guess ill have to wipe flickr and upload them the way i want them to appear *sigh*

Edit:

Although....

sort (Optional)
The order in which to sort returned photos. Deafults to date-posted-desc (unless you are doing a radial geo query, in which case the default sorting is by ascending distance from the point specified). The possible values are: date-posted-asc, date-posted-desc, date-taken-asc, date-taken-desc, interestingness-desc, interestingness-asc, and relevance.

is it possible to add a line of code that will use the date-taken functions ?

Last edited by Silmaril (2011-10-01 18:20:09)

is it possible to add a line of code that will use the date-taken functions ?

No. TiltViewer-Pro does not support Flickr sort options (such as date-taken-asc and date-taken-desc) and TiltViewer-Pro does not come with modifiable source code so it is not possible to publish a new SWF file with such functionality.
All the 'Flickr Gallery Options' available to TiltViewer-Pro can be found on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/tiltviewer/support/options.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

No problem, and thanks for all the info!

Guess ill go back to Plan A of re-uploading the images to get them the way I want them!  Thanks Again  big_smile