Topic: FIREFOX issue te be solved by Felix

I worked through big part of the forum because I got complaints from visitors that their Firefox browser did'nt show anything at all, exept the message :

"SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash.Get Macromedia Flash. If you have Flash installed, click to view gallery"

I'm not a supporter of Firefox, but SV should work correctly with this browser.

Maybe it is as simple that they have to follow the message and install Flash, unless it's already installed and works fine with IE.

It could be that Flash has to be installed correctly seperate for each browser . If so, please tell !!

Currieus about Felix answer of anyone's else.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Re: FIREFOX issue te be solved by Felix

Not that I already expected some reply on this toppic, but I did what I thought could be part of the (at least my) problem.

I installed Flashplayer for <Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, and CompuServe> and now SV works.

However ..... the way it shows up in Firefox is louzy/ shit and is completely different with  IE.

So now I'm as far as many of you: What should be adapted and where to show SV also in a decent way in Firefox.

A kind of simple instruction, added as .txt file in de download file is very much appreciated.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Yes you need to install the Flash player separately for Firefox and IE.

As far as SV being louzy in FF, this is not the case. Check the demo gallery here in FF : http://www.airtightinteractive.com/photos/

Possibly if you have set your swf to be transparent you will have issues in FF. I recommend not to set your swf to be transparent. If you want to have an image in the background, use the backgroundImagePath option in gallery.xml: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

As far as SV being louzy in FF, this is not the case. Check the demo gallery here in FF : http://www.airtightinteractive.com/photos/

YES! The demo works fine after installing Flashplayer for FF!

However in my case it doen't work good. Most probably because I changed some "dimension things" in index.html, being:

<style type="text/css">   
/* hide from ie on mac */
html {
height: 100%;
overflow: auto;
}

#flashcontent {
height: auto; // i.s.o. 100%
}
/* end hide */

</style>

and:

<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new FlashObject "viewer.swf", "viewer", "490", "117%", "6", "#000000");
fo.addParam("quality", "best");
fo.write("flashcontent");   
</script>   

Most probably these changes are not compatible with FF as in FF SV does'nt show up with the correct heigt.

Can you help me to improve this. Thanks in advance.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

IE is very forgiving while FF is strict. Once you get it working in FF the other Browsers usually look fine. Do you have a url, so we can ck it out?
R

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

IE is very forgiving while FF is strict.

FF is indeed very strick that I become desparate many times  sad

However I solved the problem by changing 2 lines in :
<style type="text/css">   
/* hide from ie on mac */
html {
height: 100%;
overflow: auto;
}

#flashcontent {
height: 100%;}
/* end hide */

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new FlashObject "viewer.swf", "viewer", "490", "620", "6", "#000000");
fo.addParam("quality", "best");
fo.write("flashcontent");   
</script>   

Thanks for commenting and willingness to help.

Issue can be closed

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend