Topic: moved site, galleries not working?

Hi, I'm moving a Wordpress site using WP-Simpleviewer pro to a new server. I'm getting errors when trying to view posts with wp-simpleviewer galleries.

Something with the move isn't right. When I go to the Simpleviewer section in the WP admin, no galleries are listed. I can't figure out where that data is stored - I don't see it in the MySql database on the original site. Obviously I haven't moved everything but I don't know what I'm missing - the complete site file structure has been moved, along with  the complete database. I made sure the absolute inks in the gallery xml files were updated, too. What have I missed?

Here is a working page with an SV gallery on the original site:
http://www.albertaphoto.com/2009/08/sco … y-wedding/

And the same page on the duplicated site:
http://www.albertacreative.com/2009/08/ … y-wedding/

Thanks!

Re: moved site, galleries not working?

Have you checked that the new server meets the requirements for WP-SimpleViewer?
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … iewer/#req

Another thought is that WP-SimpleViewer uses an absolute URL for the galleryURL in the embedding code and this will point to the XML file on the old server. Even if the XML file still exists on the old server, there may well be cross-domain issues resulting in the file not being able to be read.

When I go to the Simpleviewer section in the WP admin, no galleries are listed.

This information is likely to be stored in the database but I do not know where.
Perhaps if the entire database was transferred, the galleries would be relisted.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

Have you checked that the new server meets the requirements for WP-SimpleViewer?
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … iewer/#req

Yes, the server meets the requirements. I can use WP-SimpleViewer on a new WP install without issue.

Steven Speirs wrote:

Another thought is that WP-SimpleViewer uses an absolute URL for the galleryURL in the embedding code and this will point to the XML file on the old server. Even if the XML file still exists on the old server, there may well be cross-domain issues resulting in the file not being able to be read.

As mentioned above, I did update the absolute links in the XML files.  I can't find any absolute references to any files in simpleviewer.php. Are there any other absolute URL references anywhere other than in the XML files? If so, where?

Steven Speirs wrote:

When I go to the Simpleviewer section in the WP admin, no galleries are listed.

This information is likely to be stored in the database but I do not know where.
Perhaps if the entire database was transferred, the galleries would be relisted.

I've searched in the database and found nothing referencing the galleries. Perhaps I've overlooked them. There's no other way I can find out, that's why I'm asking for help finding where the gallery data is stored. If you don't know where the data is physically stored, can you find out for me? Who else can I ask other than who I purchased the sript from?

Thanks,
Jim

Are there any other absolute URL references anywhere other than in the XML files?

Other than the galleryURL (which is defined in the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file), not that I am aware of.

The only other post in the forum that I could find regarding database tables in conjunction with WP-SimpleViewer is here.
Perhaps this post will help.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

Are there any other absolute URL references anywhere other than in the XML files?

Other than the galleryURL (which is defined in the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file), not that I am aware of.

Hi Steven,

Thanks - I can't find any absolute URL reference in wp-simpleviewer.php, only this reference to galleryURL on line 823:

flashvars$gallery_id.galleryURL = "$gallery_file_url";

I guess I'm dense - can you show me where the galleryURL is defined by an absolute URL in that file?

Regards,
Jim

can you show me where the galleryURL is defined by an absolute URL in that file?

The variable $gallery_file_url (used on line 823 of the file 'wp-simpleviewer.php') is defined on line 818:

$gallery_file_url = $upload_dir['baseurl'] . "/$gallery_id.xml";

The variable $gallery_file_url is constructed from the fragments $upload_dir['baseurl'] and /$gallery_id.xml where the first fragment is the absolute URL to the 'wp-content/uploads/' directory. The second fragment is the name of the XML file (the gallery's 'id' number followed by the '.xml' file extension).

Steven Speirs