Topic: Thumbnails

hi there,
is there's any possibility to get the thumbnails showing the whole picture without manually resizing their exact ratio to the slide thumbs ?

I have 85 thumbnails, verticals and horizontals. The verticals are cut off and many horizontals too.

I don't know how to solve this problem without manually resizing one by one.

Thanks,

Lu

Re: Thumbnails

It is not possible to have thumbnails of different aspect ratios in a single SimpleViewer-Pro gallery.
All thumbnails must have the same dimensions set by the thumbWidth and thumbHeight options.
Descriptions of the the available 'Thumbnails' options can be found on the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tml#thumbs

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am new to SV - and *love* it.

But i am missing better control over the creation (esp. sharpening) of scaled images and thumbnails!

Currently my workaround for this is to create thumbs by myself and add a new border around them, so that they are square with white borders.

This way, the ratio will not be broken / nothing cropped (which i hate most) smile

If you cannot image, send me a PM and i can show you an example gallery smile

Continue the Good Work!

Thanx!

Last edited by SimpleUser (2012-03-01 02:35:48)

@SimpleUser

Currently, svBuilder-Pro v2.2.0 creates thumbnails which can look oversharpened. This will be fixed in the next version.

Steven Speirs

Too sharp?

I beg to differ ...

In my experience, the thumbnails are not sharp enough and have low quality (even at Q99)!

I would show you examples, but cannot find a way to attach the JPGs ...

Could you give a mail-adresse where i could send them to?

Thank you smile

I will email you my email address if you would like to send me the images.
However, if you do not like the results of svBuilder-Pro's thumbnail generation, then the only workaround is (as you have been doing) to create your own.

Edit:
SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.0 has just been released. You can download this new version using the download link from your purchase email. It includes svBuilder-Pro v2.3.0 which you might like to try to see if the thumbnail generation is more to your liking.

Steven Speirs

Thank you!

I am creating my own thumbs right now (mostly using FastStone ImageViwer) - but as i already love SV, i would like to help getting it even better!

I already already impressed several collegues with your great software smile