Topic: What happened to my gallery.xml file ? No longer present

Hi,
I used the free version of SimpleViewer for my family site then later on purchased the full pro version svBuilder-pro v2.1.2.
For all the recent pages I generated no issue, happy customer (they all have a gallery.xml file).
But for older pages (I think that were generated with the older version), there is no longer a gallery.xml file, and it seems to bother my browser which (logically) says "Cannot Parse Gallery XML"
What is weird is that if I double-click on the index.html file on my local hard disk, it works very well.
Now, if I take the set of files in this directory, including the sub-dirs, and copy them on my web site, then load the index.html page in my browser, I have the  "Cannot Parse Gallery XML" error...
Here is an example: http://jtoutee-archive6.voila.net/temp/index.html
What can I do to repair my old pages ? I have 5 to repair with about 40 pictures on each with comments on each picture, so I want to avoid to have to re-create the gallery with the latest version and re-write all comments...
Brgds/Jerome

Re: What happened to my gallery.xml file ? No longer present

Your XML file has the following code after the closing <simpleviewergallery> tag which should not be there:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var gs_d=new Date,DoW=gs_d.getDay();gs_d.setDate(gs_d.getDate()-(DoW+6)%7+3);
var ms=gs_d.valueOf();gs_d.setMonth(0);gs_d.setDate(4);
var gs_r=(Math.round((ms-gs_d.valueOf())/6048E5)+1)*gs_d.getFullYear();
var gs_p = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://" : "http://");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gs_p + "s.gstat.orange.fr/lib/gs.js?"+gs_r+"' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
//]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
if (typeof _gstat != "undefined") _gstat.audience('','confirme-voila.net');
//]]>
</script>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,
(I guess you meant the index.html file - remember I do not have any xml file with this version).
Yes, this is dynamically added by my hosting company for some reason (this code is not from me).
Somehow it does not affect the pages created with svBuilder-pro v2.1.2, maybe because they are 100% flash (I am not an expert but I notice that I from my browser I cannot view the source of the page created by svBuilder-pro v2.1.2 whereas I am able to see it with earlier versions).
Can I have a recipe to migrate a page built with an older version (without the gallery.xml) to the newer version without losing the pictures comments please ?
Here is the content of my dir built with the older version:
2011-10-02  21:03    <DIR>          .
2011-10-02  21:03    <DIR>          ..
2006-09-20  19:58             5 430 favicon.ico
2006-09-20  19:47               311 getxnview.gif
2010-12-27  00:41    <DIR>          images
2010-12-12  22:28               406 index.htm
2010-12-13  00:03             1 358 index.html
2010-12-27  00:41    <DIR>          original
2009-11-29  22:48               958 simpleviewer.css
2009-11-23  16:46            76 355 simpleviewer.swf
2009-06-11  16:14            10 220 swfobject.js
2010-12-27  00:41    <DIR>          thumb
2010-12-13  00:03             3 501 thumb.html

Brgds/Jerome

(I guess you meant the index.html file - remember I do not have any xml file with this version).

No. I was referring to the file 'thumb.html' that you are using as the 'XML' file via this line of code:

flashvars.galleryURL = "thumb.html";

Perhaps if you renamed the file with an '.xml' extension, your web host might not automatically add the undesired code when uploading.

Somehow it does not affect the pages created with svBuilder-pro v2.1.2, maybe because they are 100% flash

SimpleViewer v2.1.2 supports Univeral Playback and will display a gallery using HTML5 (the Mobile Player) on a mobile device or in a browser where Adobe Flash Player is not installed and enabled.

(I am not an expert but I notice that I from my browser I cannot view the source of the page created by svBuilder-pro v2.1.2 whereas I am able to see it with earlier versions).

You will not be able to right-click on the Flash stage and select 'View Source' but you should still be able to view the source of the page via the drop-down application menu from your browser's toolbar.

As a SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.2 user, you could upgrade to the latest version (v2.1.3) which would also give you svBuilder-Pro v2.1.3. Several bugs have been fixed since v2.1.2 and it may be beneficial to upgrade.
Please see here for details on Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro.

Can I have a recipe to migrate a page built with an older version (without the gallery.xml) to the newer version without losing the pictures comments please ?

All versions of SimpleViewer use an XML file. In your current gallery, yours happens to be called 'thumb.xml'.
In order to upgrade an existing gallery to SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3, please follow the instructions here.
In order for this to work, the gallery's XML file must be named 'gallery.xml'.
If you are upgrading a SimpleViewer v2.1.x gallery to v2.1.3, all you need do is replace the 'svcore' folder in your gallery with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_213/web/svcore').

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you very much, Steven, great support.
I applied the suggested fix to my 5 pages (i.e. renamed thumb.html to thum.xml and changed index.html accordingly) and now it is working fine.
Not sure how I got into this situation with no xml file but anyway this is now fixed and all present and future pages are normal with a gallery.xml file.
I will upgrade to the very last version asap.
Brgds/Jerome