Topic: Unable to save gallery prefs & warning: htmlspecialchars()

Hello,

I've recently set up a SimpleViewer gallery for a client along with SVManager (both are pro versions). Everything was working fine on my end when I set it all up, but after handing it over to the client, some errors began to happen which she told me about.

I don't know *exactly* the process in which she did things, but she told me that she logged in, added a couple new images and then added captions to some of the photos. She noticed the error messages and notified me.

When I log in to SVManager I see:  "Notice: could not save gallery preferences to data\galleriesprefs.txt"

When I go to the 'Images' button where you can alter the captions, it gives me a list of the same error repeated:

"  1. Notice: could not save gallery preferences to data\galleriesprefs.txt
   2. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   3. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   4. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   5. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   6. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   7. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   8. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
   9. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
  10. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
  11. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
  12. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
  13. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
  14. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)
  15. Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument (sv2imagespage.php, line 70)"

I assumed this had something to do with the captions, or an erroneous character she used. I tried to remove all captions, but it will not update the gallery now. In fact, I can't update anything with the gallery now.

Is this a permissions issue? Please help, I have a very antsy client and I'm already way over budget on this project.

Many thanks.

Last edited by z-cor (2011-10-03 21:11:39)

Re: Unable to save gallery prefs & warning: htmlspecialchars()

I assumed this had something to do with the captions, or an erroneous character she used.

I think it's more likely to be caused by special characters in the file name, not the captions. It seems that there is more than one issue here so it won't be too easy to diagnose. I'm sending you an email with some suggestions.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Unable to save gallery prefs & warning: htmlspecialchars()

I sent you an email back. Thanks so much for the fast response!