Topic: Can Mobile site use separate thumbnails (different sizes)?

I've set up a gallery using Flickr's default thumbnail size (in this case 100 x 67).  I've set the flash version to use them and it looks great, but when viewing the mobile site, the ratio is off since it's re-sizing them to square again. 

Is there any way to retain the ratio or use separate thumbnails to keep the square and aspect ratio?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Can Mobile site use separate thumbnails (different sizes)?

It is not possible to change the thumbnail dimensions in the Mobile Player.
You could, however, use a different XML file (pointing to a different set of thumbnails) for the Mobile Player by using the following embedding code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL="mobile.xml";
if (swfobject.hasFlashPlayerVersion("10.0.0"))
{
    flashvars.galleryURL="flash.xml";
}
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's great.  That also lets me tackle another question I had about serving different 'images' to mobile vs flash as well.

Thanks!

Hi Steven

This worked great with 2.1.3 though I'm noticing an issue with 2.2.0.  It seems to load the 'mobile.xml' fine when looking at the gallery embedded, but reverts back to the desktop 'gallery.xml' when it's in full screen mode.  The new 'full.html' file in the svcore folder looks the same so I'm not sure what's happening.

Thanks for your help.

Please re-download SimpleViewer-Pro v2.2.0. There was a bug in the first upload which has since been fixed.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.