Topic: svManager 1.7.8 - how to create mobile galleries?

I have svManager 1.7.8. How do I create mobile-friendly galleries? Do I also need SimpleViewer Pro?

This page says regular SimpleViewer supports universal playback - http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/support/#universal

Do I need to buy SV pro and put it in the svManager plugin folder?

Thanks!

Re: svManager 1.7.8 - how to create mobile galleries?

You shouldn't need to do anything. Just look at your gallery with a device that doesn't support Flash.

You can also force the gallery to show the mobile version in all browsers by unchecking the 'Use Flash' option in the Advanced section of the svManager customize screen. You wouldn't normally want to do that but it's useful for testing.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Jack. I think the problem I'm having is that all of my galleries were brought over from an older version of svManager. Do they need to be re-made from scratch with the new svManager in order to have the mobile playback?

Thanks!

Mobile support was added in SimpleViewer version 2.1 and svManager version 1.7.1. It seems like your galleries may be SimpleViewer version 1. If so, then the gallery type icon in the svManager galleries screen should show S1 instead of SV.

Your svManager 1.7.8 will create new SimpleViewer version 2 galleries by default.

It's possible to upgrade version 1 galleries to version 2 but I think it's probably easier to create them from scratch in svManager. You can create new galleries one at a time and test them before you throw the old ones away.

As ever, before any major changes, take a backup of the folder that contains your galleries – or backup the whole site.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.