Topic: rollovers not working?

i dont know if this is a Firefox issue or what, but the caption text does not show up anymore, and the cursor doesn't show a hand on any of the links.  However, if you know where the link is and click it, it will work, but for a user, they will have no idea.

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Re: rollovers not working?

There is a known bug whereby if captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM" or captionPosition="OVERLAY_TOP" and a caption includes an HTML line break, then any text after the line break becomes transparent.
If this describes your scenario, then the workaround (until the bug is fixed in a future version) is to either use a non-overlay position for your caption or to use a single-line caption.
If this does not describe your scenario, then please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

just to clarify, i am currently using the free version.  posted is my XML file.  thanks for any help.

captionTextAlignment="CENTER"
       resizeOnImport="false"
    useFlickr="false"
    cropToFit="false"
    thumbPosition="BOTTOM"
    galleryStyle="CLASSIC"
    thumbColumns="8"
    thumbFrameWidth="1"
        thumbFrameColor="#faaaaa"
        thumbRows="1"
    backgroundColor="333333"
    frameWidth="1"
    frameColor="#333333"
    textColor="#450f0f">

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

I have used your options in a sample gallery and all seems fine (captions are displayed and rollovers work).
Try upgrading to SimpleViewer v2.1.3 (and svBuilder v2.1.3). There have been several bugfixes since v2.1.0. The download link can be found on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for your reply Steven. 
I downloaded the update, as well as purchased SVPro yesterday, so i will give it a try.
Thanks for the help  smile

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Steven, i updated and tried 2 browsers, Safari and FF.  IN FF i dont see any of the captions at all.  In Safari, i see the caption text, but no rollovers.

Last edited by jgcalifornia (2011-10-07 18:30:49)

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Its not live right now. 
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when i upgraded to Flash player 11, this problem exists in 2 browsers.  When i put Flash 10 player back it went away.  So links don't work in flash  11?

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Captions and links work fine with Flash Player WIN 11,0,1,152 in Firefox 7 and Safari v5.1 on my PC.
Try viewing the sample gallery here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/examples/modern/
There is a caption which contains a link on the first image.
Are you able to see the caption in any/all browsers and does the link work for you?

Steven Speirs

looking at the sample gallery, i dont see any caption.  the only thing i see is the arrow pointing to the right.
2 browsers, dont see caption.

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

the only thing i see is the arrow pointing to the right.

The thumbnail navigation arrow or the main image navigation arrow? Are the thumbnails and/or the main image itself displayed?
Could you perhaps upload a screenshot somewhere to let me see what you are seeing (or not seeing). Thank you.
Have you changed any Flash Player Settings? http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum … nager.html
Try deleting your Flash Player browser settings under the 'Advanced' tab of the Flash Player settings.

Steven Speirs

screen shot uploaded-
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k309/ … /pic-2.jpg

settings deleted.

Last edited by jgcalifornia (2011-10-10 17:18:04)

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

The caption (including the link) is displayed below the thumbnail matrix in the screenshot you provided.
It sounds like you may have once set galleryStyle="COMPACT" which, in SimpleViewer-Standard, places the caption in a rollover-overlay on top of the main image. Try using this setting to see if the gallery displays what you expect to see.

Steven Speirs

i thought you meant a caption that would appear on the photo, which is what i thought 'caption' was.
Try using what setting.  Gallery style is set to 'galleryStyle="CLASSIC"

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Try using what setting.

Try setting:

galleryStyle="COMPACT"

... in your gallery's XML file (instead of galleryStyle="CLASSIC").

Steven Speirs

OK-that totally works with the links, but now the pictures are cut off and cant see the entire pic.

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

OK-that totally works with the links, but now the pictures are cut off and cant see the entire pic.

Please see this FAQ regarding images being cropped when using the 'COMPACT' Gallery Style: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #general_4
If you were to purchase SimpleViewer-Pro, you would have greater control over the customization of the gallery and you could use: captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM" (to position the captions at the bottom of the overlay on top of the main images) in conjunction with imageScaleMode="SCALE" (so that images are not cropped).
The SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options can be found on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#caption

Steven Speirs

I did purchase PRo, i mentioned that in post 5.

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

I did purchase PRo, i mentioned that in post 5.

OK, sorry. Your signature implies you are using svBuilder rather than svBuilder-Pro.
Try using captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM" and imageScaleMode="SCALE" instead of setting a galleryStyle.

Steven Speirs

sorry bout that, forgot to update sig.
Just to confirm-make those changes in Pro, correct?
Im actually having better luck using the free version, as far as the blank spaces Im getting.  Their not there in the free version, but i cant seem to get around them in Pro.  I posted a link to a screen shot.
thanks again! smile

Last edited by jgcalifornia (2011-10-13 16:23:52)

Pro Version. v2.1.3
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Just to confirm-make those changes in Pro, correct?

The options captionPosition and imageScaleMode are Pro options.
Inlcude them in your gallery's XML file as attributes in the opening ,simpleviewergallery> tag. If your gallery uses the Pro 'svcore' folder, then these options will be used in displaying the gallery. If your gallery uses the Standard 'svcore' folder, then these options will be ignored.

Im actually having better luck using the free version, as far as the blank spaces Im getting.

SimpleViewer-Pro provides much greater control over all aspects of gallery layout.
Take a look at the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide and the available SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options.

I posted a link to a screen shot.

Your latest post contains no link to a screenshot.

Steven Speirs

I branched your new query to its own thread for you.
Please see here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=14021

Steven Speirs