Topic: integrate multiple albums on site

Hi

First, i'll explain what i want, secondly i'll tell you my problem.

What i want:
I have created a website http://www.fcbosvlinders.be/new where i have a section 'foto' which contains several album-links. Each of these links should point to a specific album of Simpleviewer.
So when i click on the link, the correct Simpleviewer album should be loaded into the table cell below the links.

OK, this works fine for one album.

When working with multiple albums (multiple Simpleviewer-directories), i have a little problem.
As you know, the flash-viewer uses the xml-file which contains all config-info and the path to the photo/thumbs.
When i click on a link for a specific photo-album i copy the xml-file from the Simpleviewer directory to my current directory so that the correct album is loaded. This xml-file is also loaded into the directory Temporary Internet Files on the local machine.
When i click on another link, to show a different photo-album, the xml-file is overwritten by a new xml-file but IE doesn't load this new xml because its name is still the same. So you always receive the same (first) photo-album, doesn't matter which link you click.
When i set the IE-setting, 'Check for newer versions of page: Every visit to the page' it works, but it's not my intention that users need to change a setting in their IE to have my website work.

Did someone has the same problem, or does someone sees a solution for my problem?

Thanks a lot!

Re: integrate multiple albums on site

When i click on a link for a specific photo-album i copy the xml-file from the Simpleviewer directory to my current directory so that the correct album is loaded.

Not sure how you are doing this but you do not need to do any file copying to allow multiple galleries. There is no trick, you just create a new SimpleViewer folder for each gallery you require. From the FAQ:

15: How do I create multiple galleries?

To create multiple galleries of images, make a copy of the whole SimpleViewer folder for each gallery. Create your individual galleries as normal. You can now create a menu page that links to the index.html page in each sub-folder.

Did you try this?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix

I did try this, but if you're sure it should work, i retry from scratch  :cry:

I'll let you know...

Thanks anyway for the excellent tool (simple but fluent interface, no db necessary,...) and your quick reply

I've added an example showing how to add a HTML menu to link to multiple SimpleViewer galleries : http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … /gallery1/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.